Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying lowers

Buying lowers

Is now a good time to buy lowers as far as pricing?
    I am thinking of buy multiple lowers maybe 6. For rifle and pistol.
    Looking more towards putting the components i want as far as triggers and stocks as opposed to buying a complete unit and changing things out later.
    In a LGS yesterday and they had some but they were like 130-160. I think they were stripped. Thats a lot more than i really want to spend each.
    Any recommendations as far as brands or places to buy from. Or buying with certain components already installed.
    Im really more concerned with buying something the finding out in a year thats its out of spec than anything else that comes to mind.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I like the Sionics gutless lower.

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...ifle-zero.html

Comes with the pivot pins, bolt catch, and buffer tube properly installed/staked which are what most people would struggle to do correctly. Unless you want really Gucci parts there isn’t really any reason to swap those parts out. It still allows you to install the rest of the parts as you wish without including components you don’t need.

They aren’t taking new orders right now, but should be soon.

No, four-five weeks ago was a good time. If you’re in no rush, let the panic die down first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    It's as good a time as any. $130 is a little steep though IMO, unless that's all you can find and you don't feel like shopping around. I might reluctantly pay that much for one if I needed it today, but if I'm getting 4-5 I'd order them online. If you can find them right now...

I paid less than $100 each for several sometime around Christmas but they were the special edition Aero Freedom lowers that are priced a little higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    These guys don't appear to have raised their prices, and still have inventory.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/JSEMATCHED...YMEGAARMS.aspx
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    AIM Surplus is showing plenty in stock too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    AIM Surplus is showing plenty in stock too.
    Tempting.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Looking at AIM, Anderson and ATI stripped lowers are about $40 then the price almost doubles after that. When you go with higher priced lowers is there an appreciable gain?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've looked at some Aero lowers in person before, and decided that the differences in machining niceties and quality of anodizing were more than worth the additional $35 to get to a Mega forged lower. I've seen a PSA blem lower where I could tell the anodizing was defective from ten feet away.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List