Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-22 (pre-model 17)

K-22 (pre-model 17)

Picked this up today. K-22 third series, pre-model 17 22LR, serial number is from 1952, 5-screw. It has a little patina, in a good way, honest wear.

Name:  IMG_3082.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  96.8 KB

> 50 years old = C&R = no 10-day wait in California. Someday I may need to go on an extended road trip and look for more old revolvers. I left them a couple of recent manufacture things that I never shoot anymore on consignment, for some reason I'm getting way more enjoyment out of the older stuff currently.

Congrats! We have its 1950 made sister. Flat out the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. The post-war, pre-model number, 5 screws may be the height of S&W quality and the Target Masterpieces were the top of line. If it's anything like ours you're in for a lot of joy.

Nice find!!!

Sadly, I never seem to find them at a price I can swing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I turn 50 in two year and I've been thinking about getting a C&R license for myself just so I can sit at home and buy things like this and have it shipped to my door.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

That is a beautiful thing.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The K-22 is a great gun. Terrific find!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Here is my copy. Scored at an estate auction a couple of years ago. Great guns.
    Name:  S&W 22.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  78.7 KB

Had to post this... a pinned and recessed 22LR... and serial numbered cylinders and barrels and frames... the craftsmanship that went into these old S&W revolvers continues to amaze me.

Name:  IMG_3086.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  30.5 KB

Nice gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Had to post this... a pinned and recessed 22LR... and serial numbered cylinders and barrels and frames... the craftsmanship that went into these old S&W revolvers continues to amaze me.

Name:  IMG_3086.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  30.5 KB
    My Single Six has the S/N in electropencil. Does that count?
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

User Tag List