Thread: Best sights paired with an RMR

Best sights paired with an RMR

Good afternoon everybody,

Long time lurker.. first time posting, so please excuse me if this might have been answered or discussed further down the line.

I am jumping into the RMR game after lots of thought and I'm wondering what the general consensus is about pistol mounted optics and which backup sights to run in conjunction. I have purchased a Grey Ghost Precision V2 stripped Glock 17 Gen 4 slide with RMR cut, and will be mounting a RMR Type 2 RM06 adjustable LED with the 3.25 dot once it arrives. I have run Heinie's and Trijicon HD's on my other pistols, but I'm starting to lean towards the Ameriglo GL-429 thanks to some persuasion from a coworker. My MO with the slide and G17 is to be my "go to war" pistol, and it is also my primary pistol for the local monthly 2-gun competitions. I'm looking for sights that just barely come into view through the bottom of the glass and don't take up too much field of view, but are also cost effective.

Thanks!

I run the 429s on my 19MOS and really like them. I’ve got another set coming for a milled slide I just bought. I figure they’ll sit a little higher in the milled slide.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I would recommend the 10-8 performance MOS sights. Reasonably priced and have a much lower co witness.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I dig the Ameriglo sights as a BUIS. I don’t own a Glock so I don’t know which part number, but I want them as low as possible.
    David S.

User Tag List