Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super cool old .38, bit of a mystery. Check this out.

Its not even mine!

I absolutely LOVE it though!
    'If I told you what I paid the guy for it for my buddy, you'd skin me alive...

That revolver gives me the ole Chris Matthews "Thrill up my leg".
    If I had just bought it, I would have had a holster from American Classic Gunleather or Purdey's ordered so fast it would have given my Credit Card whiplash.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    That revolver gives me the ole Chris Matthews "Thrill up my leg".
    If I had just bought it, I would have had a holster from American Classic Gunleather or Purdey's ordered so fast it would have given my Credit Card whiplash.
    Sadly Purdey's mostly shut down their custom builds last year to semi-retire. I used to eyeball their stuff with greed.

Alex at American Classic Gunleather could do a gorgeous flap holster for that thing.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The serrations on the top strap and sight trough are a really cool and useful feature; whoever had that work done knew his or her business.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Pretty much this. I sold Serious Student a Brazilian 1917 that had been modified with its front sight. These types of sight modifications were popular in times when many local gunsmiths were quite capable craftsman especially with fabrication. I far cry from today’s Glocksmiths. Typical police armorers in large agencies would be considered master gunsmiths today. Many of these guns were used by families for decades and over generations for both protection and putting food on tables and were kept in good working order and modified as needed by many local craftsman.

Great gun, and if that has a well worn worn long action and some visible and effective sights, it should be a great shooter.
    And it is glorious, especially with the elk grips you put on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And it is glorious, especially with the elk grips you put on it.
    Alright buddy, I'll call you're bluff!! Pics or it didn't happen.
    (Actually, I believe you, I just want to see it!)
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Alright buddy, I'll call you're bluff!! Pics or it didn't happen.
    (Actually, I believe you, I just want to see it!)
    Seek, and ye shall find.

Name:  elk.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  45.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Seek, and ye shall find.

Name:  elk.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  45.4 KB
    Unliked just so I could like it again!
    That is Glorious!

My buddy texted me.

This is the holster he has reserved for his new, old .38.

What an amazing combo!

User Tag List