Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers and Scott Reidy

Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers and Scott Reidy

Team VTAC podcast with Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers and Scott Reidy talking about guns and gear. I thought it was interesting that 15 yards is a good distance to zero a red dot on a pistol. A lot of great info and well worth your time to listen to:
    http://kylelamb.libsyn.com/episode-7...-the-gun-world
    Last edited by Amp; 03-30-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Nice to see Larry and Kyle have buried the hatchet enough to have a podcast chat.

Interesting to hear them even touch on the "grudge".
    "Larry and I have had some knock down drag out disputes back int he day"

"I'd put a red dot sight on the gun before I put a white light or a sling on it"
    I agree with that one.

Surprised to hear them say "better trigger" before "free float handguard". I wouldn't have expected, or agree with, that one personally.

"next after red dot, sling or white light?"
    BOTH! lol

"300 Backout?"
    "we didn't know it was impossible to kill a deer with a 30/30" haha
    interesting to hear that Kyle's opinion is based on a 5.56 carbine with a red dot zeroed at 50 yards shooting flatter so you don't have to account for ranging.

Vickers sounds like he prefers the 100 meter zero. The discussion about zeroing for your max legally justifiable self-defense shooting distance was interesting, hadn't heard that before.

Vickers said he's still using a red dot over a variable. Lamb likes the 2nd focal plane 1-6.

"some leadership book by some Maxwell due"
    best line in the whole goddamn thing.

"competition shooting. Why did you become a competition shooter? to become a better shooter."
    "the shooting part is the difficult part"

"we live in a 9mm world"

I'd like to listen to it a little later. I know of these folks but not much about them. Can someone give me some cliffs notes about the beef between them so I have some background when I listen?

That was a good podcast. Funny to hear Kyke Lamb pimp his sling before Vickers could sell his.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'd like to listen to it a little later. I know of these folks but not much about them. Can someone give me some cliffs notes about the beef between them so I have some background when I listen?
    If you want the real story, you should ask one of them.

Great podcast. I love the "SIG guys" story at about 6:00.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Can someone give me some cliffs notes about the beef between them so I have some background when I listen?
    I don’t actually recall, and I’m not sure anyone but the two of them really knows the answer, jt I’m sure if you google it there’s probably stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Surprised to hear them say "better trigger" before "free float handguard". I wouldn't have expected, or agree with, that one personally.
    Why would you not expect/agree?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why would you not expect/agree?
    IME most folks are incapable of taking advantage of "better" triggers and by the time they are they have gained the skillset necessary to make it less of an issue. Particularly with the grade of ammo and barrel they are using as well as the common RDS.

However, as soon as someone lays a non-FF handguard on something and starts leaning into it, they start to get misses and they can't figure out why.

I think there's a misconception, still, in the AR world that free-floating an AR barrel is done for the same reasons as a "precision" bolt action gun or similar.

Good podcast, I'm probably gonna listen to it again today while I go for a drive, I was kinda distracted through parts of it.

I remember the beef, but I can't remember what it was over. To be honest, I'd have been more surprised to see Mark LaRue and Bill Geissele bury the hatchet and do a podcast together.

User Tag List