Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Classic Gunleather

American Classic Gunleather

I figure this actually belongs here more than in the Holster subforum. (If I'm wrong, then I'm sure there will be a Mod along shortly to yell at me, (just like my wife does).
    You've all seen the wonderful gear that Alex has turned out for Darryl, but he makes stuff for "just regular folks" too.
    This is the belt, cartridge slide and Threeperson's holster he built for my 57-5 a couple years ago.
    Name:  IMG_0902.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  41.4 KB
    I use it for Horseback, UTV, general farm and ranch. Usually Bill Jordan style, with the retention strap wrapped around the holster mouth, unless I have a really "fresh" horse, who wants to be "playful". In that case I use the strap as intended. The retention is that good.

We were on messenger one night, and he said, "Hey, look what I just made", and sent me a pic of a Hank Sloan tribute holster, in basket weave, for a 4" N frame. I said, "Okay, I'll take it". I use it for office, driving, and general concealed N Frame carry.
    Name:  IMG_0903.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  46.0 KB

And the last one, even though it isn't a revolver, is some of his best work. I contacted him to ask for a leather holster and double mag carrier to match my belt, for my Staccato C. He didn't have a mold for one, so I found a mold gun and we split the price on it. I am very happy that I did. I have literally been using this rig since I got it, and I almost dread summer coming and I have to go back to AIWB for a few months. Conceals great under a coat or Patagonia vest. In fact, my wife has asked me numerous times if I forgot my pistol when i have my vest on.
    Name:  IMG_0899.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  37.6 KB

And yes, it has excellent retention, just like my other ones.
    Name:  IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  35.2 KB
    "And for a regular dude I知 maybe okay...but what I learned is if there痴 a door, I知 going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I have two of his N frame rigs, thanks to Darryl the Enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have two of his N frame rigs, thanks to Darryl the Enabler.
    Yeah, Alex's work product kind of builds customer loyalty. One turns into two or three in a hurry. Oh, and we might as well have a complete, matched sets, cause reasons.
    I'm not done yet though, I'm thinking a Brill for my 3" K Frame, and of course I will need a cartridge slide in .38, Oh, and might as well have one for a 4" K frame, because I will find me a 15-6 that I want someday.
    Did you see that Hamer rig he built? I had to talk myself off the ledge on that one, be perfect for my 57-5, and rifle loops in 30-40 for my 1895.
    Name:  IMG_0906.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  106.7 KB

Post yours up sometime, I really like looking at revolvers and great leather.
    "And for a regular dude I知 maybe okay...but what I learned is if there痴 a door, I知 going out it not in it"-Duke

Alex has the unique attribute of pretty much delivering what the customer wants in the agreed upon timeframe and at a quality level that the customer expects. Sadly, that is unique in many cases these days. Often the top of food chain leather makers also have lengthy wait times that can get into several years. Alex delivers high quality work often in weeks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Beautiful stuff guys

Stunning holsters Vincent.

How does one contact Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Racingsnake View Post
    Stunning holsters Vincent.

How does one contact Alex?
    Thank you.
    https://www.facebook.com/American-Cl...epa=SEARCH_BOX

If you don't do the BookFace thing, let me know and I will message him your contact info.
    That goes for anyone here in the forum.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful work! Is it wrong to want to buy a gun just to put it in one of these holsters?

No rd62 it's not, have excercised that option many times.

I have a holster for a 4 inch N frame and a belt slide, excellent work on both. Thankfully he doesn't do shoulder holsters. I'd really be in trouble.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List