Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Just snagged 10k at Vance.

ETA: The Rural king store 5mi from our house was out of the dog food we were after, so I checked inventory down the street from the primer store (45mi away)...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-13-2024 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Just snagged 10k at Vance.

ETA: The Rural king store 5mi from our house was out of the dog food we were after, so I checked inventory down the street from the primer store (45mi away)...
    Did you see they’re opening a new store in Springdale? Maybe that’s closer to you

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Did you see they’re opening a new store in Springdale? Maybe that’s closer to you
    Pretty sure Lebanon will be closer, but also a much nicer drive (SR-35/SR-42).
    I commuted Vandalia-Milford-Vandalia almost daily for about four years, and I avoid that segment of I-75 whenever I can.

Pretty sure Lebanon will be closer, but also a much nicer drive (SR-35/SR-42).
    I commuted Vandalia-Milford-Vandalia almost daily for about four years, and I avoid that segment of I-75 whenever I can.
    That commute had to get old. For some reason I thought you were closer to Cincinnati
    Are you a member at Miamisburg?

That commute had to get old. For some reason I thought you were closer to Cincinnati
    Are you a member at Miamisburg?
    Yeah, I worked for a Oregon company that merged with a Minnesota company that was bought by a Milford company. I kept prospering until the day they asked me how long have you worked here, not counting today?, but I didn't need a crystal ball to know how volatile the situation was, so I wore out a car instead of moving.

Am a member at Miamisburg, for 30+ years, and go to WPAFB for skeet most Wednesdays in the summer. Have been doing three gun at Wilmington (where we briefly met) for several years, and recently started two gun at Circleville. One of these days I will probably join CCFSA also, one of the club officers has told us if we sign up on match day the credit the fee, seems like a bargain. It is a nice place, not close but Miamisburg is not exactly in my back yard, getting closer to retirement (couple more years) so I expect my range trips to be more relaxed, so a little longer drive doesn't bother me.

I just noticed the Vance primer deal was changed to in-store only, that is probably smart on their part.

I presume you are hip to Bottom Dollar (did I mention them upthread?), not good for primers but I have had good luck with them for powder.

Yeah, I worked for a Oregon company that merged with a Minnesota company that was bought by a Milford company. I kept prospering until the day they asked me how long have you worked here, not counting today?, but I didn't need a crystal ball to know how volatile the situation was, so I wore out a car instead of moving.

Am a member at Miamisburg, for 30+ years, and go to WPAFB for skeet most Wednesdays in the summer. Have been doing three gun at Wilmington (where we briefly met) for several years, and recently started two gun at Circleville. One of these days I will probably join CCFSA also, one of the club officers has told us if we sign up on match day the credit the fee, seems like a bargain. It is a nice place, not close but Miamisburg is not exactly in my back yard, getting closer to retirement (couple more years) so I expect my range trips to be more relaxed, so a little longer drive doesn't bother me.

I just noticed the Vance primer deal was changed to in-store only, that is probably smart on their part.

I presume you are hip to Bottom Dollar (did I mention them upthread?), not good for primers but I have had good luck with them for powder.
    I was at Bottom Dollar a few months ago and they had some decently priced primers. I’ve been thinking about joining Miamisburg if only to use the steel bays, can’t do that here except during sanctioned events.
    That’s the first I’ve heard about match fees being applied to membership at CCFSA. I can check that out if you’re interested.

.. and recently started two gun at Circleville.
    We've likely crossed paths then. They put on a decent match, and I'm looking forward to this season.

First met @Lon there, several years ago shooting steel.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    We've likely crossed paths then.
    I am one of the old guys that squad together. I am the one whose wife says runs like Fred Flintstone...

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    First met @Lon there, several years ago shooting steel.
    Met Lon when he hosted Tom for the shotgun class.

I was at Bottom Dollar a few months ago and they had some decently priced primers.
    Yes, they finally got some a while back. Though even through all of the tough times I seemed to be able to score the powder I wanted, probably because they do not have an on-line presence and do not sell out in an instant.

I’ve been thinking about joining Miamisburg if only to use the steel bays, can’t do that here except during sanctioned events.
    Just double-checking expectations, because I think at MSC you are not allowed to setup your own steel (just like CCFSA) and the only steel is in the steel bay? If you heard/know different that would be fantastic, I would go a lot more. I have three conduit based racks that just live in my truck.

That’s the first I’ve heard about match fees being applied to membership at CCFSA. I can check that out if you’re interested.
    Maybe it was something they were doing during the fundraising push, but one day the guy that will come over and say "the clubhouse is open and the coffee is on if you want to stop by" mentioned it. My need is longer term, I figure one day maybe I will happen to have $100 with me (I am one of those buttheads paying at McD's with CC...) and just do it. MSC is great for pistols, but more limited for rifles (no more 200yd range), if I am going to gather up all the kit to go shoot rifles for a while an extra 20-30min of transit is NBD.

Yes, they finally got some a while back. Though even through all of the tough times I seemed to be able to score the powder I wanted, probably because they do not have an on-line presence and do not sell out in an instant.

Just double-checking expectations, because I think at MSC you are not allowed to setup your own steel (just like CCFSA) and the only steel is in the steel bay? If you heard/know different that would be fantastic, I would go a lot more. I have three conduit based racks that just live in my truck.

Maybe it was something they were doing during the fundraising push, but one day the guy that will come over and say "the clubhouse is open and the coffee is on if you want to stop by" mentioned it. My need is longer term, I figure one day maybe I will happen to have $100 with me (I am one of those buttheads paying at McD's with CC...) and just do it. MSC is great for pistols, but more limited for rifles (no more 200yd range), if I am going to gather up all the kit to go shoot rifles for a while an extra 20-30min of transit is NBD.
    I like the dedicated steel bays at MSC. I had a class with Dave Spaulding in 22 and pistol and shotgun classes with 360 Performance last year at MSC. do have my own steel and sometimes have access to private property in Highland County to use it. We had an RSO refresher meeting last night and steel was a topic. It’s been discussed for some time, I think the way MSC is set up would work and we have the acreage to add bays but not the money to develop them. MSC isn’t that far to go once in a while, I’m over that way at Costco and Cabelas often enough anyway.

User Tag List