Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Dang. Didn’t see that deal. They’ve been over priced on their primers for a while
    I think they are still out there.
    Though they did raise a flag on the validity of the order and sent an email asking to call and verify the order, and I just did.

Dang. Didn’t see that deal. They’ve been over priced on their primers for a while
    Looks like the restocked another store, and just like that the are $90 again...

Name:  vance primers.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  57.4 KB

I received an email from Norma a few hours ago.

They are having a sale on SA ( Servicios y Aventuras ) Small pistol primers at $49.99/1000.
    Norma is charging tax but no shipping and no hazmat.

I ordered several, so there doesn't seem to be a limit.

I've ordered these twice before and have run around 3000 in my 9mm, .38 spl, .357 mag and .32 S&W the past few months. They've proven very reliable as long as they are properly seated.

They generally don't last long so I wanted to give folks here a head's up.

Cool I wish I had your luck withSA primers Jamie.

I had many FTF in my Glock 19.
    Way better luck with .38spl revolver.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tankpondman View Post
    I'm not doubting you, but my G45 and G19G5 (and Walther P99Cs) are happy running small rifle primers. Might be an issue with the striker spring and/or crud in the striker channel?

I've never tried the SR primers in my revolvers.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by tankpondman View Post
    I was definitely "challenged" initially when trying to use a hand primer, but once I figured out the "feel" for seating them in my Dillon and Lee single stage (firm but not crushing) they've been GTG for me. I've run them through several K-frame Smiths, all of my LCRs, my old Shield, my 2 Gen 3 Glocks and a buddies CZ. I do think they are harder, along the lines of CCI.
    I did replace the mainsprings in my K's with the ribbed versions but run my Glock's totally OEM internals. The LCRs in 9mm, .38. and .32 have never had an issue.
    I do consider myself fortunate indeed.

My shooting buddy has been loading small Rifle primers only the past year. He's a "Gun Collector" type shooter vs embracing the training/martial aspect of P-F as I do. So he shoots several different handguns each range session and will occasionally run across guns that won't ignite his rifle primers, they do generally set off my deeply seated SA primers...usually anyway.

@revchuck38 may well have a good point. Worth considering imho.

Their www site is not loading to let me get a snip (it did earlier), but they are back to $70 and in stock in Lebanon.
    I am probably going to get another 5k to replace most of the 6k I just loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Their www site is not loading to let me get a snip (it did earlier), but they are back to $70 and in stock in Lebanon.
    I am probably going to get another 5k to replace most of the 6k I just loaded.
    Well darn. I didn’t see that. I just bought some small rifle at Country Attic for $89

Well darn. I didn’t see that. I just bought some small rifle at Country Attic for $89
    The $70 was just for SPP, SRP are more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I received an email from Norma a few hours ago.

They are having a sale on SA ( Servicios y Aventuras ) Small pistol primers at $49.99/1000.
    Norma is charging tax but no shipping and no hazmat.

I ordered several, so there doesn't seem to be a limit.

I've ordered these twice before and have run around 3000 in my 9mm, .38 spl, .357 mag and .32 S&W the past few months. They've proven very reliable as long as they are properly seated.

They generally don't last long so I wanted to give folks here a head's up.
    Still available as of this posting. I just ordered 4K for $215 delivered.

Small Pistol Primers Made in Argentina
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List