Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Awesome thank you they will go on my list regardless.
    I just placed an order yesterday for some .357 pulled bullets for $50/1000. Ill let you know how fast they come

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    my two are 3n38 which is a fairly fast powder meant for loading 9mm or .38 super to major power-factor, or apparently will do some nice 800 fps 230-grain .45acp loads. And N330 which is a little faster than the standard N320 recommendation, but will allow me to load 148-grain wadcutters down to around 700fps for shooting in my snubs.
    Just FYI, you either have the burn rates of your two chosen powders backwards, or you're using "fast" to describe something other than powder burn rate. Typically, though when someone talks about a powder being "fast" or "slow," they mean burn rate, though, so if you mean something else (velocity of the projectiles when loaded, perhaps?), then using the terminology that way is likely to confuse people.

3N38 is among the slowest non-magnum pistol powders out there - the slow burn rate means that you can stuff a ton of it into a case without blowing up your guns because it doesn't build pressure as quickly as powders on the fast end of the spectrum. That large mass of powder means that it creates a ton of gas to work the comps on Open guns, which is why it's used for 9 major and .38 super.

N330 is slower than N320, which is in turn slower than N310, which some people view as being too fast for 9mm. N320 and N330 are both excellent in 9mm, and I expect that they'll work well for your intended use as well.

Site Supporter

Hallelujah!

BE-86 back in stock at Powder Valley. I just ordered an eight-pound jug.

Site Supporter
    LGOutdoors.com had small pistol primers as of a few hours ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    BE-86 back in stock at Powder Valley. I just ordered an eight-pound jug.
    Thanks! 8# ordered.

Powder Valley has 8# Unique in stock...... $184 shipped.... ouch.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Agreed. Unique is really flexible, so you can load for a lot of different calibers with it, but it also has a lot of flaws (big flakes lead to inconsistent metering, arguably too much case fill leading to spilled powder, dirty, etc.), and as such, would be far from my first choice for most applications. I'm definitely not interested in paying ~$5/pound more for it than for something like Sport Pistol. If I'm going to buy overly expensive powder, I'd at least like it to say Vihta Vuori on the label.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    That's about what the BE-86 cost. I wanted to make sure I had enough powder to load the .45 ACP and 9x19 bullets I have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Agreed. Unique is really flexible, so you can load for a lot of different calibers with it, but it also has a lot of flaws (big flakes lead to inconsistent metering, arguably too much case fill leading to spilled powder, dirty, etc.), and as such, would be far from my first choice for most applications. I'm definitely not interested in paying ~$5/pound more for it than for something like Sport Pistol. If I'm going to buy overly expensive powder, I'd at least like it to say Vihta Vuori on the label.
    Unique's issues are what caused me to switch to BE-86. Charge weights and velocities are very close.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Unique does have it’s flaws. The one thing which has already been mentioned however, is versatility. The sheer volume of load data out there from pistol all the way up thru rifle is voluminous. Hell, some of the numbers your great grandfather probably came up with. Because the properties of it have remained consistent over decades, you really can’t get yourself in too much trouble with it either. Many of the newer powders can’t hold a candle to that. Unique is like the Swiss Army Knife of powders. It does everything, just not the best tool for the job though sometimes.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...-primers-1000/

Get em while you can, made my order.

User Tag List