Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. I was able to score 2000 primers, 1000 CCI, and 1000 Federals.

Midway is limiting people to 1000 of each brand, fortunately they also had Federals in stock when I went to back (standard Federal #150s , not Federal Match).
    It sucks for the high volume guys that purchases are limited, but it does give guys like me who just started reloading, and haven't yet had a chance to lay in on material ,tread water.
    It has basically killed my plan to standardize on Bullseye, so I grabbed some Clay's and Trailboss, and I guess I will be doing more experimenting than I thought i would.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    It sucks for the high volume guys that purchases are limited, but it does give guys like me who just started reloading, and haven't yet had a chance to lay in on material ,tread water.
    It has basically killed my plan to standardize on Bullseye, so I grabbed some Clay's and Trailboss, and I guess I will be doing more experimenting than I thought i would.
    These are the times when you learn about the capabilities of less popular powders. Clays is normally very popular - you may be able to trade with someone for Bullseye.

Brazos order showed up today. Quality looks good; they're now on my "go to" list.

It's a bit local to SW Ohio, but if anyone's in the area and looking (or pass the word to friends who are), Country Attic Treasures in Lebanon, OH has some stuff in stock and is taking orders w/ credit card by phone then doing parking lot pickup. Goofy name, but two coworkers are singing their praises right now - I probably will be after I pick my stuff up. Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat 11AM-3PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    These are the times when you learn about the capabilities of less popular powders. Clays is normally very popular - you may be able to trade with someone for Bullseye.
    I started reloading in 2011-12... and in 2013 I learned to load 45 ACP with Red Dot. Not a great powder for it (mostly due to limited data, much of which was starting=max), but I got by.

I'm with you! I'm just getting started too. I only wanted 3000 overall, because I only have 300 small pistol primers...but nearly 2000 pieces of .38spl brass to load. The 2000 I got today should keep my busy. And the 3000 large pistol primers I bought will leave me with plenty of primers for .45 in the future.

I decided to go with VV powders, because of their consistent recommendations, my two are 3n38 which is a fairly fast powder meant for loading 9mm or .38 super to major power-factor, or apparently will do some nice 800 fps 230-grain .45acp loads. And N330 which is a little faster than the standard N320 recommendation, but will allow me to load 148-grain wadcutters down to around 700fps for shooting in my snubs.

___

Precision Reloading in South Dakota took care of me for large pistol primers, VV N330, .45 brass and bullets. They are starting to run low, but they were very nice and accommodating.

FS Reloading got me my APP, dies and assorted bits.

Brownells has been my go to out the gate and then others after them.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-09-2020 at 02:19 PM.

deleted

Site Supporter
    I normally buy 5000 at a time simply to cover the hazmat.

I placed an order on 04/02 with Precision Delta for some 148 HBWC. I normally get orders from them in a few days. I got it 04/23.
    I placed an order on 04/02 with Precision Bullets for 124. I normally get theirs in a few days as well and my status is still showing "On hold".

With everything that is going on I understand. Between people panic buying and people taking safety precautions I know it will take a while. I do hate hate that I had enough for normal times but with my extra furlough days I have loaded everything I had. I ever pulled some old and have processed those.

I got an email from Precision Delta offering special deals on large lots of bullets: 15,000 124g 9mm for $1199, or 14,000 147g for the same price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I got an email from Precision Delta offering special deals on large lots of bullets: 15,000 124g 9mm for $1199, or 14,000 147g for the same price.
    I guess they realize I’m not that volume of a shooter.

https://www.midwayusa.com/primers/br...ctedSort=False

Midway is showing back in stock on CCI small and large pistol primers, they also had various Hogdon powders in last I checked.

User Tag List