Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What’s the best way to find em online?
    Prayer and fast action. Whenever you get a notification they're in stock, put them in your cart and buy them. Don't try to find powder or other stuff to put in the cart to spread the pain of the HAZMAT and shipping. I've missed out on about 25,000 primers since June because of putting them in the cart (in stock when I did that), but 5-10 minutes later when I go to check out, the primers are out of stock. It's full suck mode on primers right now...

Put a list of shortcuts together with online reloading suppliers. Check them everyday and subscribe to the item if you can. Hopefully things will start to slow down around the holidays.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Prayer and fast action. Whenever you get a notification they're in stock, put them in your cart and buy them. Don't try to find powder or other stuff to put in the cart to spread the pain of the HAZMAT and shipping. I've missed out on about 25,000 primers since June because of putting them in the cart (in stock when I did that), but 5-10 minutes later when I go to check out, the primers are out of stock. It's full suck mode on primers right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Put a list of shortcuts together with online reloading suppliers. Check them everyday and subscribe to the item if you can. Hopefully things will start to slow down around the holidays.
    Ya I guess that's what I figured. I have enough to last awhile I'm just not sure how long this will last. I'll just go through this thread and compile a list of websites.

Edited to add: I just got in an order from blue bullets. Took right around 12 weeks. When I originally ordered it said 6 weeks. Since it took so long I reached out and asked if I could add to my order and they let me while still keeping my place in line. Pretty good customer service.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Then we are both waiting for stuff from LaRue. Don't know if I'm waiting on the trigger or the rail.
    I just got tracking info, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I just got tracking info, did you?
    Nope. I ordered August 2nd,, a rail and trigger. Seems longer ago than August.

Doesn't matter, couldn't shoot it anyhow. I'm limiting myself to one mag rifle per range trip, down from two. Pistol, I'm down to 200 rounds a week centerfire, rimfires unlimited thanks to the footlocker o' .22 from the last scare. My wife's Glock 44 does pretty good on the Browning 36gr Copper-coated HP @ 1280 and we've been buying that for 5-6 cents a round to keep the footlocker full.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    You might try preloading your cart with likely vendors with any powders you like. It might still be there when the primers are available, so you could just add primers and check out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Nope. I ordered August 2nd,, a rail and trigger. Seems longer ago than August.

Doesn't matter, couldn't shoot it anyhow. I'm limiting myself to one mag rifle per range trip, down from two. Pistol, I'm down to 200 rounds a week centerfire, rimfires unlimited thanks to the footlocker o' .22 from the last scare. My wife's Glock 44 does pretty good on the Browning 36gr Copper-coated HP @ 1280 and we've been buying that for 5-6 cents a round to keep the footlocker full.
    FYI on Larue - I placed an order for several triggers last week. Had the order status unexpectedly update to "backordered" so I gave them a call. After being on hold for an hour, I was told triggers should be gong out "in the next two weeks." Also, in case you need it sooner, they said the curved two stage are actually in stock for immediate shipment.

I wonder if the notifications have stopped on most websites as well? I know some people have said they have bought a few 5k count primers and my notifications aren't even going off. Strange.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    I wonder if the notifications have stopped on most websites as well? I know some people have said they have bought a few 5k count primers and my notifications aren't even going off. Strange.
    Yeah, I don't know either, ammoseek finds no small primers of any kind.
    The primers I found back in Augest was from a Ammoseek notification.
    I'm not sure how they find in stock items, I would think that AS is a web crawler or some customized google searches.
    Don't know if it's possible for a retailer to block searches.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    I've been wondering this a well. I have in stock notifications for primers and a few other things at any number of places. The only ones I ever get are from Midway at 2am. Maybe vendors don't bother when you are number 10,000 on the list.

User Tag List