Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Site Supporter
    I just threw down and ordered some Eastern European Small Pistol primers here:

https://capitalcartridge.com/ginex-s...RIMER5000BRASS

All in they were $475 shipped for 5k.
    That puts me about $200 cheaper than the best shipped (HAZMAT and everything) price for any domestic primer that’s in stock anywhere.

If they turn out to be unreliable with my light-springed B92 LTT Elite, I’ll segregate the cheap-primer reloads for practice, and use the 5k of Federal I still have on hand for matches.

It’s shipped now. I’ll report back after firing a couple hundred rounds with a 12 lb hammer spring (stock is 18 lb, I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I just threw down and ordered some Eastern European Small Pistol primers here:

https://capitalcartridge.com/ginex-s...RIMER5000BRASS

All in they were $475 shipped for 5k.
    That puts me about $200 cheaper than the best shipped (HAZMAT and everything) price for any domestic primer that’s in stock anywhere.

If they turn out to be unreliable with my light-springed B92 LTT Elite, I’ll segregate the cheap-primer reloads for practice, and use the 5k of Federal I still have on hand for matches.

It’s shipped now. I’ll report back after firing a couple hundred rounds with a 12 lb hammer spring (stock is 18 lb, I believe).
    Did you ever get these primers. My order has "been shipped", but delayed for 10 days and counting...
    (Ginex primers are harder to seat and not any harder to ignite than CCI. I use a 13# hammer spring to be sure.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Did you ever get these primers. My order has "been shipped", but delayed for 10 days and counting...
    (Ginex primers are harder to seat and not any harder to ignite than CCI. I use a 13# hammer spring to be sure.)
    Thanks for asking…. I had the same thing happen. A UPS label was created, and apparently UPS took possession of the package.
    But every day for 2 weeks it scans as still in Houston.
    I called on Wednesday and had them cancel my order and process a refund. They are filing a claim with UPS.

I can’t say I recommend Capital Cartridge, based on a sample size of one.

I’ll probably make an order from these folks in the next few days:

https://www.theamericanmarksman.com/...eid=0d885146cf

With shipping I think it came to $282 or so - so a very similar price.
    In appreciate the input on what using GINEX primers is like. Sounds like it will work well, for me, as I’ve fired 4k+ CCI primers in the last few months without issue.

ETA: Apparently I waited too long to use the “alternate source” it appears that American Marksman is now OOS on the GINEX primers.
    I’m on the notification list…

Edited again to add:

Just ordered 5k GINEX SPP from here:

https://krarmory.com/small-pistol-pr...brass-cup.html

For $469 shipped.

Fingers crossed…

I’m appreciating AmmoSeek.com
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 05-14-2022 at 04:39 PM.

After the long shipping delay, I called Capital Cartridge to cancel my order and requested a refund. They reluctantly agreed, but said it would take a few days. Then, today, the primers showed up on my front porch without warning. I had already purchased different primers from another company. I guess I will keep them, too hard to ship with hazmat fees.

Sell them locally, I know that I would buy some given the chance.

Site Supporter
    Update on the GINEX SP primers:
    The shipment from KR Armory arrived in 4 days.
    I’ve loaded and fired 100 of them, and so far completely reliable.
    They do take much more effort to seat using my Lee Classic Turret press - more effort than anything I’ve used to date (Winchester, CCI, Federal). But I can live with it.

Just ordered 5k GINEX SPP from here:

https://krarmory.com/small-pistol-pr...brass-cup.html

For $469 shipped.

Fingers crossed…

I’m appreciating AmmoSeek.com

Site Supporter
    Update on the GINEX SP primers:
    The shipment from KR Armory arrived in 4 days.
    I’ve loaded and fired 100 of them, and so far completely reliable.
    They do take much more effort to seat using my Lee Classic Turret press - more effort than anything I’ve used to date (Winchester, CCI, Federal). But I can live with it.
    Update-
    It seems that that the high force required for primer seating was due to tight primer pockets in that lot of brass.
    Now that I’m using Winchester brass, seating is fairly easy.

I have had one fail to fire, but I’m pretty sure it’s because it wasn’t properly seated. I’ve gone through probably 500 at this point with no other issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    After the long shipping delay, I called Capital Cartridge to cancel my order and requested a refund. They reluctantly agreed, but said it would take a few days. Then, today, the primers showed up on my front porch without warning. I had already purchased different primers from another company. I guess I will keep them, too hard to ship with hazmat fees.
    I had a similar experience. After 3 weeks, I called and canceled my order and asked for a refund. They agreed. A few days later, I saw the UPS update that the package had been delivered and signed for back in Houston. So I thought it was over, and waited for my refund to be processed. 3 weeks later, a package arrives at my house from Capital Cartridge… it’s 5,000 primers. Completely different tracking number, and no communication from the company indicating that they were shipped. And, checking my credit card, the promised refund was never processed.
    In the meantime, I’d ordered and received primers from another source for a few dollars less.

Since the GINEX primers have proved reliable for me, I’ll keep them. But will be unlikely to purchase from Capital Cartridge again.

Cool Very Happy to find N 320 @ Graf & Sons!

Got a 4lb jug on the way.

Site Supporter
    Nice to see primers are becoming more available. Natchez has most sizes available from CCI or Federal with high limits (10,000).

I also found a local guy with 8# jugs of Varget and H4350.

User Tag List