Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Awesome, mine should be here tomorrow.

Don't like the price, and I will pass but Outdoor Limited has Federal small pistol primers for any in desperate need:

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/acces...By=8&mode=list
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Don't like the price, and I will pass but Outdoor Limited has Federal small pistol primers for any in desperate need:

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/acces...By=8&mode=list
    Unfortunately, that is the going rate right now. People are buying them up and selling them on gunbroker for that amount.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Unfortunately, that is the going rate right now. People are buying them up and selling them on gunbroker for that amount.
    Wow. Makes me wonder if the prices will continue to rise. I was going to try and wait out this drought a bit but the days of $.04 primers are probably over.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    If that's the going price I have $1500 worth of primers in my basement. I think I stocked up a few years ago at $34/1000.

One just never know, do one?
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-12-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Wow. Makes me wonder if the prices will continue to rise. I was going to try and wait out this drought a bit but the days of $.04 primers are probably over.

I think it will return to normal in about a year. It's like gas prices. Sooner or later somebody gets greedy and they glut the market. Vista is already telling everyone that they have a one year backlog for ammo orders. Wonder why they put that out there? Sales maybe? Those sales doods are tricky bastards.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    If that's the going price I have $1500 worth of primers in my basement. I think I stocked up a few years ago at $34/1000.

One just never know, do one?
    I bought mine at $34/1000 as well and I thought I paid too much. When I started reloading back in 1991, I could get Winchester primers at the gun show for $10/1000. Quality D&J 200 LSWC 45ACP bullets were $50/1000 and powder was $10 a pound. I was loading 45 ammo for 6.5 cents a round and chewing the center out of bullseyes with it.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I am still working off my cache when Bill Clinton went in. I also watch for estate sales for reloading supplies - picked up a Dillon 550, extras, primers, powder.

I have an adequate supply of pistol reloading components, having bought a little more than needed each time over the past few years. Recently had to track down some new items for small rifle (6.5 Grendel). With patience, things turn up locally. The local Sportsmans Warehouse gets their shipments every Friday, primers disappear immediately if they arrive at all but powder sometimes lasts a few days, and different things show up every week in small quantities. Just found a few small rifle primers at a small LGS about an hour ago, which was the critical path item for what I need to reload soon. Local hardware stores, including Ace, have turned out to be an occasional source for hard to find things, both components and loaded ammo; apparently it hasn't occurred to a lot of people at least in these parts to look there. So it took me three weeks to find everything I need, but have enough to get started now.

Site Supporter
    I just found a local guy with 6 lbs of RE15 for sale at pre-COVID pricing so scooped that up. Another gentlemen bought 1600 80 grain SMKs not realizing those are not for your basic AR load - traded 62FMJs and some powder for those - I shoot a lot of 80s in 223 loaded long in a PRS trainer. Just have to keep eyes and ears open and jump on the deals.

User Tag List