Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Update on the Gallant situation: Bullets *should* be here today, I got a shipping notice yesterday (I'm not far from them)... I never did get any sort of real response to emails, facebook chat, or the chat option on their website. Not super impressed with their communications, but I'm also sure they are sick of "where are my bullets?" inquiries. They could have been a lot more transparent about the situation, for sure.

If things ever calm down, I'd like to try some of their .38/.357 bullets... maybe.
    I was sorting out my reloading bench (it seems to collect non-reloading projects and stuff my wife thinks belongs there) and finally got around to weighing a few of these bullets. They are running a little heavier than 147 grains... no big deal, they often don't account for bullet weight when they remove the lube groove for coated use... BUUUUUUUT they look like they came from at least two different molds, the ogives and meplats are very different on a lot of them. I'll have to decide if I want to sort them out, or just load them as is. "Match grade" my ass...

Bit disappointing, and I highly doubt attempts to contact them will go anywhere, considering their lack of response to multiple e-mails when my wait time far exceeded the timeline I was given. I guess I'll be loading these for short range practice. And I will not be buying any .38/357 bullets from them in the future.

I recently ordered 1k 147gr "Heavy Matchwinner" FMJ flat point bullets from RMR... and they came in less than a week, and look to be excellent quality bullets. I may just stick with these, even at the slightly higher cost over coated. I wish they had more .38/.357 options available.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I was sorting out my reloading bench (it seems to collect non-reloading projects and stuff my wife thinks belongs there) and finally got around to weighing a few of these bullets. They are running a little heavier than 147 grains... no big deal, they often don't account for bullet weight when they remove the lube groove for coated use... BUUUUUUUT they look like they came from at least two different molds, the ogives and meplats are very different on a lot of them. I'll have to decide if I want to sort them out, or just load them as is. "Match grade" my ass...

Bit disappointing, and I highly doubt attempts to contact them will go anywhere, considering their lack of response to multiple e-mails when my wait time far exceeded the timeline I was given. I guess I'll be loading these for short range practice. And I will not be buying any .38/357 bullets from them in the future.

I recently ordered 1k 147gr "Heavy Matchwinner" FMJ flat point bullets from RMR... and they came in less than a week, and look to be excellent quality bullets. I may just stick with these, even at the slightly higher cost over coated. I wish they had more .38/.357 options available.
    Gallant is a really small business. They have a couple guys in the back making and packaging bullets and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy in the office is part time. A couple years ago I bought some bullets from them and wasn't super impressed. Nice guys that seem to be trying to get a business running on a shoestring budget. They got my order wrong the first time and were responsive but I have not ordered since.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Looks like Blue Bullets are now predicting only up to eight weeks:

Name:  Blue Bullets.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  39.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Looks like Blue Bullets are now predicting only up to eight weeks:

Name:  Blue Bullets.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  39.9 KB
    FWIW, Gallant Bullets is advertising 10–12 weeks on their website, but my last two (maybe three) orders have taken 6 months.

Jeff Bartlett aka GI Brass has pulldown small rifle primers available.

https://protected.imoutdoorshosting....rass/misc.html

Price may not be to everyone's liking but at least he has some.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Jeff Bartlett aka GI Brass has pulldown small rifle primers available.

https://protected.imoutdoorshosting....rass/misc.html

Price may not be to everyone's liking but at least he has some.
    Curious how one removes likely crimped primers in bulk, without damage... off to Google.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Curious how one removes likely crimped primers in bulk, without damage... off to Google.
    I do not believe 30 Carbine used a crimped primer. At least not for later production. I have some small quantities of LC cases that were not crimped.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Lee APP

Yeah, I've successfully removed primers and reused them. All went bang.

Screw all that waiting, I just got another batch of .40 slugs from Everglades, 5-6 days from order to the press. They kick ass.

Site Supporter
    My local Cabelas had primers last night SPP, SRP, LRP, and shotgun.
    Plus some powder, it was like Christmas day!

Limit one box of primers at $64.99, not a great price but better than $64.99 plus hazmat.

User Tag List