Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    With a lack of primers out there, bullet availability will only improve.
    Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Powder Valley doesn't even list primers as a thing on their website anymore, not even to say that they're out of stock. The primer page is just blank. Took a quick look on Gunbroker last night because I was curious, and there are ads on there for primers at $300/brick now. If you don't already have stock of those, you're basically screwed and the rest of it doesn't matter. Why bother buying bullets when you can't get primers at anything even vaguely resembling a sane price?

The only availability I'm seeing is on a local (to me) gun board, there are individuals either trading, or selling, and the going rate seems to be 100-150 per 1,000. Still ridiculous, compared to the past, but not insanely unobtainable. If I needed them, they're there.

I can only assume there are other local forums in other areas seeing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Why bother buying bullets when you can't get primers at anything even vaguely resembling a sane price?
    Well, IMO because when primers become available you will have bullets. We faced the same thing last week on shot, got more than we have primers for, but if primers become available we will need shot.

I am the same on 9mm bullets right now, enough primers also to last most of a year, when I get down to 2-3k I will reorder.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Well, IMO because when primers become available you will have bullets.
    I meant to come back and edit this but missed the window (pesky job...), what I wanted to add was that I sure wouldn't pay extra for the bullets. I am a long time Everglades customer but the way their supply chain must be working out their prices had to go up. I have sorta switched over to Blue Bullets, since they extended their lead times but didn't raise their prices. Now I know that I should order far enough out, but I can sorta project my burn rate. But at some point, primers are gonna be a big problem...

But at some point, primers are gonna be a big problem...
    Undoubtedly. I was recently able to order enough powder to "catch up" with my other components, so I should be good for quite a while now, but I'm dreading when I run low. I do NOT want to be looking for primers on gunbroker. That way lies madness.

I have sorta switched over to Blue Bullets, since they extended their lead times but didn't raise their prices. Now I know that I should order far enough out, but I can sorta project my burn rate. But at some point, primers are gonna be a big problem...
    Just checked them out... I ordered some of the 125gr TC, with 14-16wk lead time, but really good price in my opinion.
    Taking a break from social media.

Been ordering from Optics Planet for years, and just realized they carry various bullets also. Just got some 77gr SMKs, and some V-crown 124gr JHPs. In stock, ship quick, and decent prices. Free shipping over 50 bucks.

They have various bullets in stock at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Just checked them out... I ordered some of the 125gr TC, with 14-16wk lead time, but really good price in my opinion.
    I have been using that bullet for quite a while now, and have been very happy with the results, especially since they changed something about the coating or how they process the finished bullets or some such. Whatever it was, I no longer get "smurf fingers" from handling them.

I saw Winchester small pistol primers and small rifle primers this morning in a local gun store. $150 per 1000. They said the primers were not consignment. There were about 10,000 of each kind. Despite the price, I viewed it as encouraging sign that supply is starting to loosen up a little bit.

TiteGeoup at Powder Valley, move now.

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...don-titegroup/
    #RESIST

User Tag List