Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBS caught substituting Italian hospital footage as Brooklyn

CBS caught substituting Italian hospital footage as Brooklyn

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rk-city-video/

This is footage from SKY News on March 22 from Italy.

Name:  sky-news-italy.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  47.9 KB

And here is footage from CBS News during their New York City report on March 25.

Name:  ny-city-hospital.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  61.7 KB

And here is footage from CBS News during their New York City report on March 25.

The footage matches SKY News video from inside an Italian hospital from Sunday March 22.

#RESIST

Well, there's a lotta Italians in Brooklyn. So...

Yeah, that's some pretty lazy / sloppy work if it's actually unintentional. Either way...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hopefully that producer will be bagging groceries after this.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Not the first time, won't be the last.

I honestly believe some portion of the tendency of political conservatives to be dismissive of this mess is due to having found over the past 10-20 years that assuming whatever the liberal media outlets are making a big fuss over is a whole lot of nothing, and that their facts are likely distorted by means ranging from cherry picking of data and selective reporting to outright lies and malfeasance. That approach may not always be right, but it's right often enough that using it as a default assumption and getting on with life seems to be efficient for many people. It is not working out well this time.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

And there is Andrew Cuomo the guy who has eliminated 20,000 hospital beds from NY. Suddenly being praised by the lunatic left as their COVID warrior.

That must be a glitch because that footage had been shown previously and noted as being in Italy. I don't know if CBS showed it or another of the Big Three.

There’s this as well....

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Not the first time, won't be the last.

I honestly believe some portion of the tendency of political conservatives to be dismissive of this mess is due to having found over the past 10-20 years that assuming whatever the liberal media outlets are making a big fuss over is a whole lot of nothing, and that their facts are likely distorted by means ranging from cherry picking of data and selective reporting to outright lies and malfeasance. That approach may not always be right, but it's right often enough that using it as a default assumption and getting on with life seems to be efficient for many people. It is not working out well this time.
    True. And if you substitute "political liberals" for "political conservatives" and "conservative media" for "liberal media", the statement works out the same.....

That's why this increasing polarization is troubling. When scoring points for your side becomes the priority, it's impossible to have objective reporting or reasonable discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    True. And if you substitute "political liberals" for "political conservatives" and "conservative media" for "liberal media", the statement works out the same.....

That's why this increasing polarization is troubling. When scoring points for your side becomes the priority, it's impossible to have objective reporting or reasonable discussions.
    Maybe this is how we go out, not with a bang but a whimper. We, the collective all of us, need to own this deliberate ignorance. There is just no excuse to walk around with blinders on, and root for the small faction we (wrongly) perceive as "our" team.

Just my opinion. Obviously not particularly popular with the masses.

ETA:

Since we only get to die once from whatever cause, this "not my people" concept brought to mind the following event which occurred on a trip to Hawaii back in 1994.

Wife and I were on Maui when, one morning, the klaxons sounded to warn of a tsunami. Most folks were directed to school gymnasiums and other large centers in the small town nearby, but being loathe to be caught in a crowd during an "event", I told my wife to jump into our rental Mustang and we drove inland and "uphill" as far as the available roads allowed.

We eventually took shelter above what I believed would be the limits of the danger zone, in a sugar cane plantation. When we arrived we came only with what we grabbed out of the room. There were a number of Mexican nationals, hotel and service employees, who obviously had a similar idea and when we arrived they quickly greeted us and offered us food and water from the supplies they had brought to take care of themselves and their young children. It was touching to say the least.

Within an hour or two, a plantation overseer came by on a cart and tried to round up the Mexicans and kick them off the property. I walked over and asked him what the problem was and he said they had no business there and that they had to leave. I had my badge and credentials (and gun) with me and told him that I was declaring my own martial law and told him that if he tried to evict them I would arrest him for endangering their lives. He eventually relented and told me, (to save face), they were my responsibility and to make sure they didn't burn down his plantation.

The tsunami never came and some hours later the "all clear" was sounded. I guess my only point is that sometimes it takes all of us to make sure that we all pull through. We don't need a "not my circus, not my monkeys" attitude when we all need to pull together to keep the boat moving forward.

(Apologies in advance for the sermon.)
    Last edited by blues; 03-30-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

This wasn't good but there's plenty of actual footage from inside NY Hospitals available from other news segments.

It does not look good. People driving by and posting footage from the outside (and building conspiracy theories from that) are not good.

User Tag List