Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a DAO...

JonInWa will hopefully confirm this as I don't own a 92D. One of the advantages of either the Wilson or LTT trigger bar is that it moves the position of the trigger when the shot fires to be further back towards the frame. It is within maybe .020-.030 inches of the SA position. For me this has always been a huge advantage because now there is very little over travel in the DA shot. And I tune to reduce it further by building up the back of the trigger w/ a layer or two of tape. Also, LTT has NP3 versions of the TJIB which I strongly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a 92D and 92D Centurion I am not using. There are not where I am now, and travel is restricted, but I will grab them and list them when possible, as part of my cleaning out stuff I am not using resolution.
    Consider me highly interested. Question, though. What's the difference between the standard model and the Centurion? Have only been peripherally interested in Baretta's up to this point and am unfamiliar with the variations. Thanks.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    Consider me highly interested. Question, though. What's the difference between the standard model and the Centurion? Have only been peripherally interested in Baretta's up to this point and am unfamiliar with the variations. Thanks.

Dave
    92D is the full size gun, while a Centurion, is a compact size slide, on a full size frame. It draws a little bit quicker. (something like 4.3" verses full size 4.9")

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    92D is the full size gun, while a Centurion, is a compact size slide, on a full size frame. It draws a little bit quicker. (something like 4.3" verses full size 4.9")
    beenalongtime answered it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks, guys, that helped. GJM, consider me seriously interested in your full size, if you're willing to ship, hit me up when you're ready to let it go. Later.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    JonInWa will hopefully confirm this as I don't own a 92D. One of the advantages of either the Wilson or LTT trigger bar is that it moves the position of the trigger when the shot fires to be further back towards the frame. It is within maybe .020-.030 inches of the SA position. For me this has always been a huge advantage because now there is very little over travel in the DA shot. And I tune to reduce it further by building up the back of the trigger w/ a layer or two of tape. Also, LTT has NP3 versions of the TJIB which I strongly recommend.
    Yes, that's my recollection of one of the advantages of the LTT/Wilson triggerbar; Ernest used to custom make an overtravel stop or bump; the new triggerbar inherently addresses that.

In addition to the NP3 options on some of the TJIB components mentioned, the LTT Optimized triggerbar also has a couple of finish options, too (which is the only advantage to them over the Wilson Combat ones for a 92D DAO; the LTT Optimized is aimed more for performance improvements in DA/SA 92s).

Best, Jon

The S&W thread reminded me that another option would be a S&W 6946.

I don't know what the panic prices are at the moment, but I was seeing them around for about $350.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The S&W thread reminded me that another option would be a S&W 6946.

I don't know what the panic prices are at the moment, but I was seeing them around for about $350.
    There's two 6946s on GB right now for $339. They look like they're in... okay condition.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860807024

I feel the 3rd gens have very nice DA pulls, generally speaking.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    There's two 6946s on GB right now for $339. They look like they're in... okay condition.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860807024

I feel the 3rd gens have very nice DA pulls, generally speaking.
    S&W 3rd Gen parts are getting harder to source and unlike the Beretta the DAO 3rd Gen trigger pulls aren’t as nice as the DA on the DA/SA equivalent.

The Beretta 92 series and parts are still in production and most parts are common between the D models and the others. This plus the 92D having one of the nicest trigger pulls of any DAO make them the first choice if you want to shoot in volume.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    S&W 3rd Gen parts are getting harder to source and unlike the Beretta the DAO 3rd Gen trigger pulls aren’t as nice as the DA on the DA/SA equivalent.

The Beretta 92 series and parts are still in production and most parts are common between the D models and the others. This plus the 92D having one of the nicest trigger pulls of any DAO make them the first choice if you want to shoot in volume.
    Additionally, the 92 Series have benefitted from the exceptional expertise lavished on them by Ernest Langdon and Bill Wilson, and collaborative projects between them and Beretta, providing superb cross-pollination, and breathing new life into the 92 Series. And Beretta themselves made several important running upgrades to the 92 throughout its production, improving components like the trigger return spring and locking blocks without compromising or obsoleting the pistol in the process; an earlier production 92F, D or G can easily be provided the upgraded components without any drama.

The 92s are also noted for their exceptional design and manufacturing qualities and standards, and exceptionally viable aftermarket support. Grips and magazines are plentiful, an often overlooked huge plus. And while not as easy as a Glock to detail disassemble (nothing is), disassembly as needed to remove OEM parts and install and benefit from available high quality aftermarket components, with a little attention to detail and YouTube instruction is fairly easily accomplished, as is reassembly.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 04-01-2020 at 09:09 AM.

User Tag List