Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a DAO...

Buy a HK P30 in one of the LEM configurations plus the necessary spare parts to turn it into the V6 DAO variant. I don't think they've ever sold the V6 directly to civilians, but it is what the German Federal Customs Service carries as a duty gun.
    Parts number can probably be easily obtained from one of the very switched on members of the HKPro forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Take the sear spring out of any bert 92 and it’s a DAO

Maybe you need to take the sear out too. I forget. I did with a 92G last summer when I thought having a really pointless long trigger pull on a modern gun would be a cool after noon experiment
    I'd take the sear out too. You don't want the sear flapping about in the frame.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Isn’t the 92D pull better than the DA pull on a DA/SA Beretta?
    Unequivocally.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    P

Isn’t the 92D pull better than the DA pull on a DA/SA Beretta?

The P220, P226 and CZ P-07 are the easiest DA/SA too shoot I’ve found.
    I’m sure it is. I’ve never tried a D. I was just speaking to the DA/SA models, specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Original post “...something like a 92D”

My post “remove sear spring from any 92 it’ll be a DAO”

Pretty logical.
    But then the rest of your posts happened. And you got "poopy pantsed" about people daring to talk about DAO. On P-f. Just saying. Don't you shoot 1911s or something? I mean it's 2020.....

A couple of thoughts:

First, generally, usually, most of the time a 92D will have a better triggerpull than a 92DA/SA for two cogent reasons:

1. No sear/ no sear/hammer engagement-one major fewer point of friction/creep;

2. The OEM mainspring for a 92D is the 16# "D" spring; the OEM mainspring on a 92DA/SA is 20#

Second, a 92D can benefit from a TJIB, but it's probably wiser to discuss with Ernest at LTT and get the necessary components a la cart-the essential one is the Langdon or Wilson triggerbar, the LTT hammer strut, and the lower power spring set; with the new triggerbar, 14# is a good starting point, particularly for a duty/defensive gun. At the same time, I'd replace the trigger return spring with a WIlson Combat chrome silicon one, and the recoil spring with the Wilson Combat chrome silicon one at your choice of weight.

And since you're going through the gun anyhow, I'd remove the extractor and firing pin, clean out the chambers of both (but most critically the extractor/extractor channel) and replace the extractor and firing pin springs, again with Wilson Combat chrome silicon ones.

For grips, for small and medium hands, I'd go with a set of LTT G10s (or Wilson Combats or VZs); for larger hands, I'd go with Ergo Extremes or the larger VZ or Wilson Combat ones.

I've literally never heard of the trigger spring or the takedown latch spring breaking or loosing sufficient tensility to warrant replacement, but I guess they could-I use Wolff springs for replacements.

And there you go! Voila!

Best, Jon

I got myself a 92D, did pretty much the exact things Jon describes, and had a uniformly positive experience. Would recommend!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Good info, Jon, thanks. I still haven't ruled out a 92D, looks like the one I was bidding on on GB is back up again. Not sure how that happens, it was marked as sold, maybe the buyer backed out? Whatever, I'm watching it, and may well bid on it, it went pretty cheap the last time, if that makes any sense . Of course, I'm also still considering a revolver, so who knows what I'll do next . Later.

Dave

Someone here once mentioned that a 92D is the next best thing to a mag fed S&W Model 19.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I have a 92D and 92D Centurion I am not using. There are not where I am now, and travel is restricted, but I will grab them and list them when possible, as part of my cleaning out stuff I am not using resolution.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List