Thread: H&K P9S at center fire systems

Site Supporter

H&K P9S at center fire systems

$399 not sure if that's a good price.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...eid=6c279571cf

Tempting, just to check out out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Wow. I see them for a lot more than that on GB. They’re already sold out—must have been a good price. I’ve always been curious about these. Never seen one. You don’t hear much about them. All I know is they have a roller locking delayed blowback system. Which seems neat.

Then there's that rather odd decocking system using the lever in combination with the trigger.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Then there's that rather odd decocking system using the lever in combination with the trigger.
    That system is so...German...no correction so H und K.

“Zer is no redundant zafety. Do not release ze decocking lever like on ze Swiss guns...”

Except they would probably have some über German word for “decocking lever” like, “dieunlockenzielevermechanische”

Of course, if one is wanting to cosplay as Dodd Gerhardt from Fargo Year Two...
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

It’s a very good price. They are weird, but fantastic shooters as far as mechanical accuracy and they are amazing suppressed.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I admit I'm kind of a fan of these pistols, and beginning in the '80s owned several P9S variations. I don't remember what I paid for them all, but $399.00 for a functional P9S seems like a good deal to me. Those look pretty rough, but apparently good enough to sell out at that price.

I've managed to hang on to one I bought 20+ years ago, an early P9, single action only.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    So, do you hold the decock lever down and pull the trigger? I vaguely remember seeing a video on it, a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    So, do you hold the decock lever down and pull the trigger? I vaguely remember seeing a video on it, a while back.
    Then you slowly and carefully let the lever up...

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Yes and then you must slowly ease the lever up. It’s a “decocker” in the truest sense, imagine you’re thumb decocking a hammer fired pistol, because that is more or less exactly what you are doing.

I can’t even remember if the things have a half-cock detent, as I recall early DA versions did not.

They are interesting guns for sure. A good friend is a P9 nut and has about 20 of them in various flavors. They do suppress really well, the 9mm guns with a can on the end are very nice to shoot, the .45 too. I think my favorite though is the one he has in 7.65 Luger (I think that’s the caliber one of the 7.65s the Germans like). That is just a sweet shooting gun, boring accurate and reliable.

User Tag List