Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My experience with COVID like symptom

Site Supporter
    I know six people who probably had the virus — one retired cop, two former cops, and three still working. In each case, they were down over a week with a fever and took a few weeks to come back to full speed.

Three of the people were sick in late January and the others were sick in March.

The illness has not been confirmed yet because they weren’t hospitalized and haven’t had a titer test to see if there are antibodies in their blood. (I’m not even sure such a test has even been invented yet)

This COVID 19 is nothing to mess around with. The people who keep talking about “minor flu like symptoms” and how younger people are somehow “safe” are WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    I know six people who probably had the virus — one retired cop, two former cops, and three still working. In each case, they were down over a week with a fever and took a few weeks to come back to full speed.

Three of the people were sick in late January and the others were sick in March.

The illness has not been confirmed yet because they weren’t hospitalized and haven’t had a titer test to see if there are antibodies in their blood. (I’m not even sure such a test has even been invented yet)

This COVID 19 is nothing to mess around with. The people who keep talking about “minor flu like symptoms” and how younger people are somehow “safe” are WRONG
    Hope all your people will be healthy going forward.

One of our nieces in NY was texting with my wife last night and it sounds like chaos up there. At least five people connected to her and her husband, family and friends, are down with the virus, some of them older and not in the best of health. Everyone is walking around on eggshells.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

@GJM I was very disturbed to see this thread. I am very glad you and family (and Astro!) are on the mend. I wanted to extend my best wishes for your continued recovery, and to all who are encountering or are going to encounter this virus.

@GJM my mom tested positive earlier this week, and my dad is presumed to have it as well. They are both your age and their symptoms are virtually identical to what you described. They're fairly fit for their age and seem to be holding up ok but it doesn't look fun at all.

I was also tested because I had close contact with them and because I was showing the symptoms I described earlier in the thread but mine came back negative. I got tested after my symptoms had slackened off considerably so it could be I was just already over it, but I had more respiratory issues and dry coughing then flu like symptoms so it may have just been something else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    I have 3 people, known exposure without proper PPE, develop symptoms 7-10 days post exposure while in quarantine, all 3 tests came back negative.

All had fever, cough, sore throat

I do not have a lot of faith in the tests. In my state 8% are coming back positive, I believe nationally it’s at 14%
    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...county-are-po/

Of the 3,720 people in Spokane who met the rigorous screening protocols to even be tested, 3.9% have tested positive.

Our regional health director was pinning all the sick people on viruses other than C-19, like RSV and enterovirus. A quick google trip to look up those viruses didn’t do a lot to convince me. I suspect we have to sit in the dark on this until a serum antibody test becomes widely available to help fill in the backstory.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post

The first confirmed case in the U.S. was on Jan 21. That person had traveled to Wuhan. While I'm sure there were unconfirmed cases in January, it's more likely those folks you know that had symptoms in January had something else.

My brother-in-law (never been to China) thinks he had it in November. But he's an idiot.

double tap.

Site Supporter
    The first person who got sick was at the SHOT show in Las Vegas in January and came home sick.

The first case in the U.S. that was identified as COVID19 was in January. It’s hard to know for sure what people who have never yet been tested had.

I think it's very unlikely, given the percentage of severity we've seen out of confirmed COVID-19 cases, that we had cases on CONUS before the widespread outbreak in Wuhan. The Chinese government is pushing this narrative hard so they're less responsible for not preventing the pandemic, but I don't think it fits the facts.

Hey @Squib308; how are you and the family doing?

There's evidence this bug has been around a lot longer than the first "reported" case in the US. I know several primary care providers that have treated a number of people with flu like symptoms since late Fall 2019 …. yet they all tested negative for the flu. Now that an antibody test is available, I think we're going to discover that a LOT of people have been exposed and didn't know it.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List