Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with COVID like symptom

I'm glad you guys are feeling better. Hopefully you two did get it and it's over. Then you can get back to your lives as normal.

As soon as an anti-body test is available it should be given to healthcare workers as quicky as posable. I would imagen it would be very helpful in figuring out how to staff people.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Good that you are feeling better. Hopefully you are done with this stuff for good.
    I guess I share my experience as well.
    At the beginning of this month I had something very similar including high fever uncontrollable by Tylenol and significant shortness of breath. The fever was over 102 and it lasted for over 3 days. Some mild fever lasted for almost a week. My wife took me to the urgent care. At the beginning of March it was still available I guess. They took a test for a flu. It was Influenza type A. They could not test me for Corona. The doc said one does not exclude the other. I have had a flu many times in my life, this time, however, was one of the worst ever. It took almost 3 weeks to fully recover. I am okay right but still wondering. Hopefully, the antibody test will be available at some point soon. It is frustrating. I had a flu shot this year, as I always do. I did travel right before getting sick to Las Vegas

@cheby, glad you’re feeling better. I was wondering why I hadn’t seen you at the range lately.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Good that you are feeling better. Hopefully you are done with this stuff for good.
    I guess I share my experience as well.
    At the beginning of this month I had something very similar including high fever uncontrollable by Tylenol and significant shortness of breath. The fever was over 102 and it lasted for over 3 days. Some mild fever lasted for almost a week. My wife took me to the urgent care. At the beginning of March it was still available I guess. They took a test for a flu. It was Influenza type A. They could not test me for Corona. The doc said one does not exclude the other. I have had a flu many times in my life, this time, however, was one of the worst ever. It took almost 3 weeks to fully recover. I am okay right but still wondering. Hopefully, the antibody test will be available at some point soon. It is frustrating. I had a flu shot this year, as I always do. I did travel right before getting sick to Las Vegas
    Glad you're better!

As I understand it: flu mutates pretty frequently. Every year scientists try to predict the direction flu will drift and use the modeling to formulate the flu shot accordingly. Some years they get it wrong. Still the shot gives you the best odds.

That's actually one of the more promising things I've read about COVID-19: so far it's been fairly stable. If that holds true a vaccine being effective over the long term ought to be good.

Then again it's early in this.

I've got a little something and I really don't know what it is. Could be a mild form of Corona, bad allergy symptoms, who knows. I've had light shortness of breath for going on two weeks now, with an accompanying mild dry cough on occasion. Overall, it's been really mild, kind of like that sensation when you've walked up a flight of stairs when you're out of shape, except non-stop. Maybe three times now, it's gotten bad enough where I took a puff off an old rescue inhaler I had sitting around and that seems to do the trick at least temporarily.

I've taken my temperature for the last week or so and the highest was 99.3 so no real fever to speak of, just this persistent slight shortness of breath and a fair amount of general fatigue. Never seems to get dramatically better or worse. Who knows. I'm already more or less isolated since I work from home anyway so I figure I'll just keep monitoring it unless it starts getting worse.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

If you want to get tested, my understanding is if you have contacts in China there are several serological tests being manufactured and sold to the general public. The play there would be to source tests from multiple manufacturers, then ship them to the US you could potentially confirm if you guys have antibodies. The key someone mentioned was buying several since we have no idea which tests are accurate and which ones have high false positive/negative rates, so getting multiple consistent results across various tests could help confirm. Also if you go this route, apparently DHL will ship while others have had issues with Fedex and UPS.

Don't know about the test or tests being created in S Korea and what the accuracy rate of that test is, or if you're even able to buy it yet, but that may be an option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a theory but it probably reflects my biases more than anything else.
    Probably from that globetrotting pilot you shared the tablet with?

Glad you are doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Probably from that globetrotting pilot you shared the tablet with?

Glad you are doing ok.
    China or Las Vegas origin.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Elated to hear of your improvement G. I tried to text some well wishes early in the week, but the number I have for you must be old. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

FWIW, both my kids got pretty sick mid February, one of which was out of school for almost two weeks with high fevers and dry cough. Neither were nauseous, but neither had an appetite. Both complained of body aches and at times, headaches. Both were completely wore out (not that it's uncommon during a viral infection). That said, my seven year old daughter was putting herself to bed by 6:30pm and sleeping until 7-8am. She's had the flu at least twice that we know of, and she has never exhibited exhaustion like that. My son, our little ball of energy (turned 4 today), went through waves of feeling better and then exponentially worse, but spent a huge amount of time laying around. His symptoms lasted the longest, ending in an ear infection that responded well to antibiotics. I've not heard of that as any part of Covid-19, but it has made us wonder.

My wife and I are both physicians in Boston
    We are positive for the Wuhan-CoV by PCR
    Minimal symptoms if any at all

The tip-off to me was that despite my family being in isolation, our 7 month old suddenly had a cold
    So I must have brought something home
    Next thing my wife has a mild sore throat and here we are

Viruses are named by locations
    The WHO may shill for CCP, who clearly wants to be absolved of any responsibility for this pandemic
    If we’re going to call this COVID-19, then we need to rename everything from Ebola and Zika to Chicken Pox and German Measles

User Tag List