Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with COVID like symptom

Site Supporter
    Glad you are feeling better. Have you determined a likely source from where you contracted the virus?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Back to your earlier comment about people relapsing or getting worse, have there been reports of people feeling fine and having no symptoms for 72 hours, and then getting worse again?
    Honestly couldn't tell you with a high degree of confidence because I have a small ocean of anecdotes about COVID patients from my friends in practice, what I've read online, etc. floating around in my head. However, my general, subjective impression is that patients who get worse have waxing-waning severity of the same mostly mild symptoms (fever cough etc etc etc), not complete asymptomaticity for several days in a row.

So, assuming this is COVID, I think odds are very good you are on the road to recovery. I just am a worrywort and know that this virus is very different than what we've seen before, so I am trying to convince everyone I care about to be as cautious as they can in all ways when it comes to this disease.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Thanks for sharing and putting a personal spin on this for all of us. I’ve known a number of guys at work that had experienced the same things as early as mid-January. Given the “where” and level of public exposure we get...it makes you wonder.

I’m glad you and the Mrs are feeling better.

Jim
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Glad you are feeling better. Have you determined a likely source from where you contracted the virus?
    I have a theory but it probably reflects my biases more than anything else.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

George, thank you for taking the time to write up and share your experience. I am delighted that you and your spouse are doing better.

Site Supporter
    Back in mid to late February my whole family came down with very similar symptoms. I work at a college with a pretty large number of international students.

My doctor says there's no way that we had it, but I just don't know for sure. Probably never will.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Back in mid to late February my whole family came down with very similar symptoms. I work at a college with a pretty large number of international students.

My doctor says there's no way that we had it, but I just don't know for sure. Probably never will.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Definitely not "no way" you had it. Very possible. That said, I don't think you will never know. You may at some point sooner than later be eligible to get a serology test that would tell you if you developed antibodies to the virus, which will be important knowledge from a public health perspective.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Definitely not "no way" you had it. Very possible. That said, I don't think you will never know. You may at some point sooner than later be eligible to get a serology test that would tell you if you developed antibodies to the virus, which will be important knowledge from a public health perspective.
    There’s a couple of companies that have viable antibdody tests cranking stuff up now. I don’t see why we couldn’t start seeing widespread serology tests in the next 4-6 months. In fact I don’t see how we can start getting shit back to normal without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    There’s a couple of companies that have viable antibdody tests cranking stuff up now. I don’t see why we couldn’t start seeing widespread serology tests in the next 4-6 months. In fact I don’t see how we can start getting shit back to normal without it.
    I think the tricky part will be getting people who are definitionally healthy to go to a facility to get bloods drawn while the virus is still raging. Also may be a challenge to get enough qualified lab personnel to process both serology tests and PCR for active infection if we try to do both en masse.

Still I agree it should be reasonably easy to develop the test in a 3-6 month time frame and it sounds like many are working on this as we speak. Definitely agree we need it to get our arms all the way round this thing

Glad to hear you are feeling better George. 👍🏽👍🏽

User Tag List