Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Actual RDS Failures

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not going to provide all the details, but I believe, between my wife and I, we have broken 31 DP Pros, 3 Romeo 3 Max, three RMRs (one type 2), 3 Vortex, and 5 CMore RTS2 optics.
    Bro, never ask to borrow my Miata.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Any broken Holosuns?

I just got a 508t and am thinking of getting a 507c v2.
    I sent my 407c v1 back for warranty because the dot kept blinking after 2k rounds / 1 year. I replaced it with a 507c v2 but don't have many rounds on it yet

I've had the emitter lens failure on two low round count Type 2 RM06 RMRs. As said previously, this is a known issue with an early batch that used an out-of-spec adhesive. I've seen reports that these failures were limited to cerakoted RMRs - in my experience this is not true because both of my failures were with anodized models. Newer Type 2 RMRs should not have this issue. Trijicon promptly replaced both.

I've had three Type 1 RM06 RMRs develop an intermittent dot under recoil, or the dot would change brightness under recoil. As before, Trijicon promptly repaired these and returned them. My experience with the Type 1 RM06 RMR was that the RMR would eventually develop this problem, but once repaired/upgraded by Trijicon, they were quite reliable.

I'll note that Trijicon even replaced a SRO that I had damaged, so I have no complaints about Trijicon customer service. Based on that experience I've bought additional Trijicon products.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've had the emitter lens failure on two low round count Type 2 RM06 RMRs. As said previously, this is a known issue with an early batch that used an out-of-spec adhesive. I've seen reports that these failures were limited to cerakoted RMRs - in my experience this is not true because both of my failures were with anodized models. Newer Type 2 RMRs should not have this issue. Trijicon promptly replaced both.

I've had three Type 1 RM06 RMRs develop an intermittent dot under recoil, or the dot would change brightness under recoil. As before, Trijicon promptly repaired these and returned them. My experience with the Type 1 RM06 RMR was that the RMR would eventually develop this problem, but once repaired/upgraded by Trijicon, they were quite reliable.

I'll note that Trijicon even replaced a SRO that I had damaged, so I have no complaints about Trijicon customer service. Based on that experience I've bought additional Trijicon products.

I had some dot flickering at about 5k rounds on a new RM06.

Dismounted and saw the battery had enough play in that time to begin to spin a little - which I presume caused the issues.

Replaced battery with a new one - which mic’d thicker by a couple thousandths - and it’s been solid for the last 2k

Have experienced intermittent dot brightness on an type 2 RM06-
    Was concerned then realized the flash from the comp, weapon light and handheld were making it change as intended - with ambient light conditions.

8700 rounds on the above RMR though it tends to stay brighter where others tend to default dimmer in the same conditions

Also probably worth noting that my failures occurred irrespective of mounting solution. Whether it was an ATEi custom cut or a MOS plate didn't seem to affect optic failure. That said, I think plates like the CHPWS or newer Forward Design Controls OPF-G are superior solutions to the factory mount.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List