Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actual RDS Failures

Actual RDS Failures

Having just experienced my first RDS failure, I thought I'd start a thread on actual experiences.

Maybe include:
    What failed?
    Symptoms? (may be the most important)
    Unit's age / round count / level of abuse?
    How did manufacturer handle repair?
    Any other info.
    Last edited by David S.; 03-29-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    David S.

-RMR type 2, slide mounted on a CZ P-09 that's primarily been my nightstand gun and cool weather carry gun. I rarely shoot it or dry fire it because I have a duplicate practice gun (P-09 w/ Holosun).

- Ultimately discovered the laser lens cover missing.

- Dot is two years old with under 5,000 rounds. Carried it some and ran it in a class or two, but no abuse.

- Symptoms.
    At some point, the dot shifted enough that it was sitting over the right side BUIS post instead of front sight post when sights were aligned.
    Unable to shoot consistent enough groups to determine and correct zero beyond about 15 yards.
    3.25 MOA dot looked more like an 8 MOA fuzzy dot.

- I just discovered it last night. I have no doubt Trijicon will take care of me.
    David S.

RMR. RM06 Type 2 emitter lens dislodged in the first 300 rounds resulting in a blurry dot and massive POI shift. It was quickly repaired and returned by Trijicon. I have since sold the gun and optic.

Sig Romeo 1 with 12K rounds. Emitter lens fell off and screws holding sight together came out. Sig replaced quickly no questions asked.

Sig Romeo 1 on conversion kit from Sig. Sight died within 75 rounds. Sig replaced and blamed me for over tightening sight to slide. They mounted it.

2 other Romeo 1s that, indoors, go from very dim to very bright with no in-between settings. They look good outdoors. Sig said they would take a look at them. Haven't sent them in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    RMR. RM06 Type 2 emitter lens dislodged in the first 300 rounds resulting in a blurry dot and massive POI shift. It was quickly repaired and returned by Trijicon. I have since sold the gun and optic.
    Apparently there was a run of RMR’s with weak adhesive for the emitter lens. Guessing ours were in that lot
    David S.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    What failed? RMR06 Gen 1
    Symptoms? (may be the most important) Unit flickered and/or would not stay on, with multiple batteries or Battlewerx plate
    Unit's age / round count / level of abuse? Appx 3 years & 5000 rounds, plus much more dryfire (slide racking). No substantial abuse, just "normal use" (drills, carry, etc) by PF standards.
    How did manufacturer handle repair? Currently at Trijicon.
    Any other info. I expect a Gen 2 replacement unit, but would be content with any solution that just keeps the dot on.

Optic worked great , until one day it just...didn't. Shut off partway through my drills, and would (sometimes) turn on but not stay on after that.

So what's the take-away points from all this? Heck if I know. Have backup irons I guess.

Not going to provide all the details, but I believe, between my wife and I, we have broken 31 DP Pros, 3 Romeo 3 Max, three RMRs (one type 2), 3 Vortex, and 5 CMore RTS2 optics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

David’s op reminds me of that economics joke. A down turn is when you know someone who lost their job, a recession is when your brother in law loses his job, and a depression is when you lose your job.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not going to provide all the details, but I believe, between my wife and I, we have broken 31 DP Pros, 3 Romeo 3 Max, three RMRs (one type 2), 3 Vortex, and 5 CMore RTS2 optics.

Any broken Holosuns?

I just got a 508t and am thinking of getting a 507c v2.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Any broken Holosuns?

I just got a 508t and am thinking of getting a 507c v2.
    Forgot that, one broken 507.

User Tag List