Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Groceries and Self-Isolation

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No offense, but I'm not going to discuss my own preparedness, or lack thereof, on an open board.
    You're right: what an egregious tactical error to openly discuss ways to limit my public exposure, so as to not inadvertently spread a virus killing thousands of people as I sit here writing this.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Damn it. My wife just orederd, for the first time, from them for a Monday delivery.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I noticed that 7-11 was on DoorDash this morning. Probably not useful for groceries, but that might keep some folks that are new to day drinking off the road.

And my apologies to @Stephanie B: I was in an exceptionally bad mood yesterday evening.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I do curbside and drive through and wipe down the products as best I can before storing them. My girlfriend isn't as careful which bugs me. Maybe I'll show her Contagion tonight.

Instacart just dropped off our groceries that were supposed to come tomorrow.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I have hit the "fuck it" stage. Working 24 hour shifts and having to feed 7 people there is no other way than to hit the grocery store every shift. We hit it early and get what we need for the shift. I didn't even wipe the cart down last shift. Reckless? Maybe but we are already tired, even with all of our precautions I feel we are destined to get c19.

Site Supporter
    FES

Try to keep your chin up. Wash your hands when you go in, when you get home and after you put stuff away. Keep your hands away from your face.

You can do this .

Blessings to you and yours.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I noticed that 7-11 was on DoorDash this morning. Probably not useful for groceries, but that might keep some folks that are new to day drinking off the road.

And my apologies to @Stephanie B: I was in an exceptionally bad mood yesterday evening.
    It's all good. I saw it and chose to move to another topic.

(My point was about mentioning how much in the way of supplies anyone might have on hand. We don't know how weird this is will become.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    FES

Try to keep your chin up. Wash your hands when you go in, when you get home and after you put stuff away. Keep your hands away from your face.

You can do this .

Blessings to you and yours.
    We are all still doing what we are supposed to but when you get called for a 'subject fallen still down' and walk in to old guy in the floor and ask 'sir why did you fall' and you get a reply of 'I have had a fever for 3 days and just fell'. Well its a little late to start C19 protocols even after maintaining the 6 feet of separation. This happened in a pharmacy. I have said it before and I'm gonna say it again, I hate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    We don't know how weird this is will become.

Well, I'm stocked up on fava beans and a nice Chianti!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List