Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FASTest gear flap

FASTest gear flap

The F.A.S.T. test:

Range: 7 yards
    Target: 3×5 card (head), 8″ plate (body)
    Start position: weapon concealed or in duty condition with all holster retention devices active; shooter facing downrange in relaxed stance with arms down at sides
    Rounds fired: 6

To count, the F.A.S.T. must be shot from concealment or from a recognized retention holster. Open-top retention holsters without concealment (e.g., Blackhawk SERPA, Safariland ALS) add an additional 0.50 to the shooter’s time. Using both a standard duty retention holster (e.g., Safariland SLS, SSIII) as well as flap/retention magazine pouches will result in a 0.50 reduction in recorded time.
    Only scores earned during a pistol-training.com class or similar ptc-recognized event are eligible for record status or winning a F.A.S.T. Challenge Coin.

----------

The above comes straight from the Pistol-Training.com rules for the FASTest. For those of you that think that there is any violation of the rules or somehow think that the runs aren't legitimate because of the gear being used in either Mr. Vogel's or Mr. Stoeger's videos, please reference the specific portion of the above rules that is being violated.

We are diminished
    Don't know if my vote counts or not, but as best I could, see the concealed runs by both guys were 100% within the rules as far as concealment is concerned.

Ha! Well I think that settles it. Those guys are just legitimately awesome. They could do what they do with any gear.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Don't know if my vote counts or not, but as best I could, see the concealed runs by both guys were 100% within the rules as far as concealment is concerned.
    Shaddup, Todd, while we debate the minutia of your test! People are doing something better than me, and I'll have none of it!

--Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I really don't see the big deal here.
    #RESIST

Then let's all try our damnedest to make one.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I just don't get it. Two shooters both displaying remarkable skill, and folks are griping over the cover garment? Seriously?

The way I read the rules, they say from concealment. It looks to me like both shooters met that rule.

As I said before, I was being sarcastic. I think several people were as well. I don't think I could run a 3.11 or 2.98 from the ready position.
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    As I said before, I was being sarcastic. I think several people were as well. I don't think I could run a 3.11 or 2.98 from the ready position.
    I think I might be able to do a 3 second run .... from the ready position .... and without having to a re-load. Of course, I'd still wear a SMF vest just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I'd still wear a SMF vest just for kicks.

Vests are in this year. I shit you not, I have seen so many vests in recent months. Not SMF vests but Arc'teryx and North Face ones from REI and the like.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List