Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Why so many H&K groupies?

I dunno about that, I guess we will see. I think a lot of people are pretty unhappy with Glock right about now. I know I am. The proIblems with the 4G and newer 3G pistols and the way Glock has been handling the complaints has turned a lot of people off.
    The HK's most people talk about are the P30 and HK 45/45c. These are relatively new pistols that have a lot of features people like plus excellent build quality and great accuracy. I never purchased or used previous models of HK pistol because they were so big and clunky and didn't like the dinky mag release. I was concerned about the paddle release after 30+ years of button releases but I adapted to it very quickly and now found it far superior. The trigger is fine with me.
    i have a P30 with a thumb safety that allows me to carry locked and coked with the single action trigger and also keeps my thumb high enough to not hit the slide lock. I thought I wanted LEM but the thumb safety/SA trigger works better for me. HK did a great job on that thumb safety btw. Very nice positive feel, not too big and not too small. Smith could learn a few things here for their thumb safety equipped M&P's.
    HK has also made some moves to improving its presence and customer service in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I make a prediction, as this Glock test rolls into full affect, and we get into the double digit weeks of testing, or it has some major bobbles, or something of that nature.

Or if it does real well, we'll start seeing posters that use Glocks predominantly.
    Last edited by Glock17; 08-07-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The difference between group-think and a reliable consensus is the quality of the people involved.
    @Clusterfrack, words of wisdom nomination.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Wasn't this thread donated to the Smithsonian?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    @Clusterfrack, words of wisdom nomination.
    Added to the Best Of thread...
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....92#post1379992
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Wasn't this thread donated to the Smithsonian?
    It's from a long time ago.

I still like my P30 pistols better than anything else I've ever carried. I gave them up a couple of years ago to pursue the mystery of the dot...it's really mysterious because the thing on top of the slide is what shoots the gun...and I've been carrying an RDS equipped handgun since. I've grown to really like having the dot even though I don't need it.

My requirements for AIWB carry are the same. I only AIWB carry pistols that have a mechanical safety of some sort to act as redundancy for reholstering. That was the Tau SCD on the Glock 17 and a thumb safety on the new project.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It's from a long time ago.

I still like my P30 pistols better than anything else I've ever carried. I gave them up a couple of years ago to pursue the mystery of the dot...it's really mysterious because the thing on top of the slide is what shoots the gun...and I've been carrying an RDS equipped handgun since. I've grown to really like having the dot even though I don't need it.

My requirements for AIWB carry are the same. I only AIWB carry pistols that have a mechanical safety of some sort to act as redundancy for reholstering. That was the Tau SCD on the Glock 17 and a thumb safety on the new project.
    The funny thing is, I was carrying 1911s when this thread started, was dabbling in P30s at that time, and completely switched soon after.

I do have a VP9 with a Holosun but am not sold on the reliability of a dot just yet.

So now I'm an H&K groupie
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I think you'll find that just as many people here are admirers of the Glock & M&P platforms as well.

That said, both the P30 & HK45 have proven themselves in terms of reliability, accuracy and overall durability.
    Yep, I have both. I also have Sig P series and a few colt 1911's. I'd say the reliability factor is what sucked me in.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Vending Machine Operator
    This thread and the new Langdon P30 thread have made me realize I'm definitely going to re-add a P30 to the stable at some point.

In my brief time owning a P30 and VP9, I absolutely get the HK fandom. They are really obviously well made, maybe the best attention to quality control/detail of any production polymer line.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

A USP is the only gun I never modified. I have my two medium/full-size 9mms, so I just don't have a need or a "real" use case in my life for a "big 9". If I had been smart enough to have kept that USP, it would be wacky-nice gun at this point.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    This thread and the new Langdon P30 thread have made me realize I'm definitely going to re-add a P30 to the stable at some point.
    Name:  Facebook-Ad-1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  50.9 KB

In all seriousness, glad to see the platform maybe regaining a bit of popularity again.

User Tag List