Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so many H&K groupies?

Why so many H&K groupies?

I've put my flame-retardant-suit on and just have got to ask: why so many H&K groupies on this very newly formed pistol-forum.com site?

Here's my take: I'm well aware of Todd's pistol-training.com endurance tests with a P30 9mm and HK45 (both of which I've owned and put several thousands of rounds through but do not own anymore), but their good performances not withstanding, I just don't quite understand the shear amount of attention they seem to have garnished in this section (autoloaders) and on this site relative to any of the other specimens out there?

Perhaps the "Todd G. halo-effect" in full-swing?

There are more H&K shooters here than most forums, except HKpro of course, but there are quite a few M&P and Glock shooters as well.

I think I am one of the few 1911 "groupies" though.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I think you'll find that just as many people here are admirers of the Glock & M&P platforms as well.

That said, both the P30 & HK45 have proven themselves in terms of reliability, accuracy and overall durability.

Just have noticed how many H&K threads there are compared to other's, that's all...

I think many of the shooters here… shoot a heck of a lot. Many of which are instructors that teach lots of classes that fire a lot of rounds. So, it kind of comes out that, if you want to fire several hundred rounds in a weekend class/match, and you don’t want to break your gun, wrist, or bank account, a heavy duty, polymer framed, high capacity 9mm is likely the way to go. So, you have a lot of fans for H&K, Glock, and the S&W M&P (I shade more to the Glock myself).

But that’s just my observation…

I shoot alot of different guns, but because of what I do, I try to carry a non-Glock firearms most times as the Glock is the preferred police sidearm in my area. I shoot the Glock well though, and I usually carry it if I am stuck wearing a uniform. I do admit though that I feel slightly arrogant when I pull out the HK though. Pride of ownership I guess but I try not to knock other guys handgun selection. I got smoked by a guy shooting a S&W 6906 once

Site Supporter
    I think really... you're looking at a forum where

1.) The founder/owner has shot and tested many H&K's, and attracts H&K users.

2.) Those H&K's did very well in said testing, so, people don't see the need to buy other things.

3.) Not saying this is an "up scale" or whatever (this definitely isn't an NFA board) board, but this a serious pistol shooting board, honestly, they spend money on quality.

Between those things, I think that'd explain it, but truthfully, I never got the impression that this was an H&K forum, I figured it more of a "use what works well" forum.

It really is, whether it be what gun you carry, ammunition, how you carry said gun, who they're recommending/using for training.

I lurk more than I post, and I can tell you the caliber of individuals posting is very good. Lots of Sage wisdom being passed around, qualified opinions, etc.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Just have noticed how many H&K threads there are compared to other's, that's all...
    Probably because the amount of information out there about the P30 relative to other handgun options on the market.

Site Supporter
    I make a prediction, as this Glock test rolls into full affect, and we get into the double digit weeks of testing, or it has some major bobbles, or something of that nature.

Or if it does real well, we'll start seeing posters that use Glocks predominantly.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I think there are a lot more unanswered questions out there surrounding the HK weapons. The options out there for Glocks, and to a slightly lesser extent M&Ps, are pretty well known; there's just not as much out there to rehash. Since Todd and other HK shooters are here, it makes it a good place for those looking for more info to come ask questions.

I'm sure there will be a plenty of new Glock discussion moving forward with Todd's next test starting up.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List