Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Horsemen of the .45

Site Supporter
    A couple of questions.

1. How much weight does the 4566 save over the 4506?

2. @Lost River Regarding the 4586, is the trigger that bad? I thought it was a lightened trigger pull vs a traditional DAO.

I don’t believe the weight difference between 4566 and 4506 is much- they’re both significant. My first issued gun (in 2006) was a melonited decock only 4566 in a G&G level II holster. I wish I kept it after buying it from the agency upon adoption of M&P45s.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I don’t believe the weight difference between 4566 and 4506 is much- they’re both significant. My first issued gun (in 2006) was a melonited decock only 4566 in a G&G level II holster. I wish I kept it after buying it from the agency upon adoption of M&P45s.

How was the Gould and Goodrich level II holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    G27 is hands down the worst Glock to shoot.
    I find the 23 to shoot worse, for me. In fact I attribute the 23 to much of the .40 hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I don't find the recoil objectionable. I've been issued .40 caliber Glocks for years and that's never been an issue. I just feel like I can't get my hands securely on the damned thing.
    Have you tried a GAP floorplate or GeePlate? I have the GAP on mine and the gun locks in my hand very solidly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    When I used a 27, an A&G grip extender was used with a 23 mag. Totally transforms the gun, give it a try.
    A +2 factory floor plate helps a great deal as well and adds one extra round.
    I was issued a Gen 2.5 27 in the late ‘90s and bought it when we went to G23s for everybody.
    Recoil was more noticeable than my G26 of the same vintage but not painful.
    It is waiting for my son to get his Maryland HQL so it can legally be transferred to him.

I feel guilty I never shoot it or carry it, decock only 4563 (alloy frame 4566)

Name:  4563.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  84.6 KB

Guess I own it for nostalgia then...but accurate and reliable and not as heavy to carry as the all steel versions

Site Supporter
    I briefly owned one of the Chief’s Special .45s, kind of wished I had kept it.

I rarely shoot my 4506 anymore, parts availability and qualified armorers are both in serious decline. I don’t think we have any department armorers left for them, and at one point our entire range staff were all qualified.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I find the 23 to shoot worse, for me. In fact I attribute the 23 to much of the .40 hate.

Have you tried a GAP floorplate or GeePlate? I have the GAP on mine and the gun locks in my hand very solidly.
    It's an issue weapon and changes aren't allowed.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Sig P245

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    This thread makes me miss the 4516 that I traded off long ago.
    (Hangs head in shame) For a Glock.
    Well I traded a Sig P245 ( 45acp ) for a Glock 21. I only took the 245 to the range once. Each time I shot it, I had to reposition my hand.....just wasn't much to hold onto (grip area) with this compact 45. Later in life I got an 8-shot Gen 1 M&P 45 and that works great! As far as gun regrets go, I have many. The one of many I could have a do over on would be a Colt Python. Regret letting that one go...........blue 4" barrel. Oh well.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    I briefly owned one of the Chief’s Special .45s, kind of wished I had kept it.

I rarely shoot my 4506 anymore, parts availability and qualified armorers are both in serious decline. I don’t think we have any department armorers left for them, and at one point our entire range staff were all qualified.
    Yeah, I was finally going to get around to sending a 3953 off to Frank Smith and have him tune it up. Both bummed and saddened.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List