Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Horsemen of the .45

The G21 is hands down my favorite Glock, because it fits my big hands better than the others. I used one for most of my time of SWAT. Many of the guys bitched about the size, but I thought it was just fine. I'm not a fan of the G27 I have to carry now.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Back in the mid nineties when I was flush with GI bill money I bought a west German P220, HK USP 45, S&W 4566 and a Glock 21. I had already had a Springfield 1911 for a few years. I had a nice little collection. I wanted to be a police officer and I figured no Dept would ever let me carry a 1911 on duty. Then I got hired and was issued a Colt 1911 Government model and Gordon Davis leather. Life was good. I quickly decided I needed skill with my duty gun more than the collection so I sold off the non 1911 pistols. Next I bought a Colt Stainless Gov and had John Yanek work it over. That became my training gun. A lightweight commander was for off duty combined with a rather large order from Milt Sparks and I was set. Next was a bunch of training classes. I miss most every gun I traded off but I’m glad I did it.

Site Supporter
    This thread is appropriate for today's date, March 29th, because on this day in 1911 the 1911 service pistol was officially adopted by the US Mil. Be properly respectful of the old war horse, that Jeff Cooper dubbed "The Yankee Fist".
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    This thread is appropriate for today's date, March 29th, because on this day in 1911 the 1911 service pistol was officially adopted by the US Mil. Be properly respectful of the old war horse, that Jeff Cooper dubbed "The Yankee Fist".

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    If the 1911 doesn't fit your hand then your hands are wrong.
    That ain't the half of what's wrong with this body, but I'm stuck with it, so...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    My brother prefers the lines of the "chunky monkey" Glock to it's counterparts.

The one he shoots has a Grip Force Adapter no less because he likes his guns to be, and I quote, "Dummy Thicc"

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Does he have Andre the Giant mitts? I have to compromise my strong hand grip to get more than the very tip of my finger on the trigger on a G21.4 without any backstraps.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That ain't the half of what's wrong with this body, but I'm stuck with it, so...
    1: Buy a 1911
    2: Break every bone in your hand
    3: tape hand to 1911 and leave in place until healed.

That's how bones work, right? I'm sure that's how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    He's got fairly big hands, but even I didn't mind the GFA on that old non SF frame, solely on the fact that it was the softest shooting .45 I've ever shot.

I did most of my best shooting with the pad of the finger on the trigger. But gun fit is so subjective. I've met dudes with bigger hands than mine who have said that it's just too much to grip or manipulate a G21 as effectively as a 17 or 19 frame, and for me personally the Glock 17, while easy to manipulate, was just a task to shoot accurately.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    1: Buy a 1911
    2: Break every bone in your hand
    3: tape hand to 1911 and leave in place until healed.

That's how bones work, right? I'm sure that's how it works.
    Good advice there, Doctor Strangeglove
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Good advice there, Doctor Strangeglove
    It's either that or clone JMB, kill him, and take his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List