Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Horsemen of the .45

Site Supporter
    Spent a long time carrying a 4506 on duty, bought it out when we transitioned to .40s. One of my all time favorites. My department doesn’t permit 1911s, but I may have carried one off duty from time to time...

A HK45c rode in my holster for a bit as a detective, and while I never carried a G21 at work, I have owned a couple. Tremendous pistols, just larger than what I now prefer to carry.

While lacking the panache of a German 220, I have carried (and still do dependent on what I feel a need for) a M&P compact .45, or the mid size. Both are the best of the bunch for M&Ps in my opinion, for what that is worth...
    Polite Professional

I’ve carried 3 of the 4 as duty weapons...the 1911 as an MP, the Hk USP full size and compact, and a Gen 2 Glock 21, which is in my safe now after spending almost 3 years in an evidence room. I had a 4506 as a personal weapon but that thing was a boat anchor.

I also have an M&P midsize 45 that I also carried as a duty weapon. I’d carry the Glock or M&P any day. I will own another 1911 in a couple years just for nostalgia. I just don’t have a lot of love for anything Hk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Doood!

The 4506 is all kinds of awesome! If polymer guns were never invented and I was forced to spend a career as a uniformed cop with a 4506, I would not feel undergunned in any way. Mine is a shooting machine.

Straight Up Street Kings Style.

I used one as an off duty/IDPA/bowling pin gun back in the 90s when I was issued a 5906. Mine had the big square trigger guard.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Doood!

The 4506 is all kinds of awesome! If polymer guns were never invented and I was forced to spend a career as a uniformed cop with a 4506, I would not feel undergunned in any way. Mine is a shooting machine.

Straight Up Street Kings Style.
    Vic Mackey carried one in The Shield, and Denzel had a pair in Training Day.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Vic Mackey carried one in The Shield, and Denzel had a pair in Training Day.

The Shield is the first time I remember seeing one. DB was nice enough to cut me a deal on a PD 4506-1

My USP is 9mm. But I have the others in .45 plus an M&P, a Ruger P97dc and a Smith 625 and Ruger Blackhawk with .45 acp cylinder. I'll get a .45 USP at some point because I was big into Rainbow 6 and Delta Force on PC in the 90's. I had a W. German Sig P220 for a while too, might get a P220r if I find a trade-in cheap enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I was issued a Glock 21 SF at my previous agency. While it was a large gun, especially for my small hands, I found it very accurate and soft shooting. I wouldn’t want to try carrying it as a CCW, but it was a pretty solid uniformed patrol sidearm. If I ever find a used Gen4 model for a good price, I’ll probably take it home.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

In that photo, you have two Tupperware containers, one geriatric and the hammer of Thor. Can anyone guess which one is which?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

This thread makes me miss the 4516 that I traded off long ago.
    (Hangs head in shame) For a Glock.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Honestly, I'm surprised no one's taken me to task for my failure to love the 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    My USP is 9mm. But I have the others in .45 plus an M&P, a Ruger P97dc and a Smith 625 and Ruger Blackhawk with .45 acp cylinder. I'll get a .45 USP at some point because I was big into Rainbow 6 and Delta Force on PC in the 90's. I had a W. German Sig P220 for a while too, might get a P220r if I find a trade-in cheap enough.
    I have a P220R trade-in that came with a bunch of extra mags. Rationalizing the cost of the extra mags, and then dividing out sales tax, it works out to <$350 if it had been under the glass with two mags at the LGS. The slide was defectively machined, preventing it from locking up correctly, which I assume is why the broken-in burnished top end was sitting on an apparently brand new frame (the lockup problem likely ate the rails on the original). Sorted out the lockup, and am quite happy with it. I see the 220 as a lightweight Commander-sized 1911 with an ergonomically fantastic TDA action and a grip that fills my hand perfectly, unlike an actual 1911.

Now's not the time, but deals are out there.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

If the 1911 doesn't fit your hand then your hands are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List