Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
I bought a CZ 97BD (decocker version) with a 2019 date of mfg. about a year ago. It has night sights and aluminum grips. Trigger reach is a bit long on DA first shot, but for me, the SA trigger position works well for me. Has functioned 100% with an assortment of FMJ and JHP, both 230gr. Grip feels somewhat 1911ish. Extended beavertail in 1911 terms.

This pistol has the loaded chamber indicator. The LCI is screwed into the slide as opposed to others that are pinned. I read that the screw loosens with use. In my first outing I kept an eye on it. Sure enough the screw loosened. Put a bit of blue loctite on it and kept shooting. No loose screw. Take down is a bit different in regards to barrel bushing (screws in) but not a problem at all.

The pistol is heavy but I knew that going in. Personally I would choose my S&W M&P full-size 45 if I were to carry a 45 because of lighter weight.

At the range one day a CZ friend of mine was at the range. He sends his stuff to Cajun GW for mods. After 3 mags through it, he was impressed with the pistol.....big grin on his face. A thumb safety version is available and I think that can be carried cocked and locked. I could only find the decocker version when I was looking for the 97.

The 97 is a solid well-built pistol that I am totally satisfied with!!

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I handled one at my LGS—DA trigger reach did seem kinda long, but not... undoable. But the SA felt good. I love shooting .45s and I can imagine a heavy chunk of Czech steel would make an excellent launching platform.