Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P938

Site Supporter

Sig P938

Did the company get the bugs out of the Sig P938, the Micro 9mm compact? My lgs has an as new specimen for a very cheap price.

Mine has been good. Not home to check date, but bought it new in November of 2013.

I think the dates with issues were prior to mine. Was an issue with the mainspring housing, and then magazines dropping from the release after use. I’ve planned on putting about 1,500 thru it, just to confirm function... then sending it out to Robar (NP3 Plus).

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The build quality on mine (well, fit and finish, machined surface finish even on the inside out of sight, etc.) was very nice and got me looking at other Sigs, which probably makes it the most expensive gun I've ever bought.

When I got serious about dry fire practice with it, in anticipation of the first range trips, I realized that the metacarpophalangeal joint of my thumb would always end up inline with the lower left corner of the slide when presenting the gun with a good firing grip; firing the gun would almost certainly result in serious injury to my strong hand. Fortunately, I was able to get back most of my money when putting it on consignment at the LGS.

It's not just the size of the gun. A Ruger LCP injured my hand in totally different ways due to its excessive smallness when taking it to the range - slide bite wasn't an issue. Fortunately, I was able to get back most of my money when putting it on consignment at the LGS.

I have unusually large hands, but it's something to check.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

metacarpophalangeal

That'd get my ass tossed from a spelling bee....
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I have one from 2015, and it’s been 100%. It was my small 9mm until I bought a Sig P365.

Bought one in 2016, ran about 1500 rounds through it and it was reliable. I sold it because I consistently had trouble getting the safety off during presentation. Really struggled maintaining a good firing grip shot to shot. Just me I think. Recoil was not abusive for that class of pistol.
    Last edited by fatdog; 08-03-2019 at 09:23 PM.

One thing to keep in mind with these little guns is that the recoil spring needs to be changed frequently - probably every 1000 rounds.

I never changed the recoil spring in mine, and SIG found a crack in my frame when I sent it back for an unrelated issue. They replaced it with a brand new pistol no questions asked.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the information. This one is $470 out the door and looks unfired.

Silver slide two-tone one is $399 brand new at my local place till end of August...same for the p238. Don't know if warranty is the same for used or not. Other dealers might be running a similar sale.

If that one is truly like new, you're probably good either way.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have put about 100 rounds through both the 938 and 238 and I liked them. Initially I thought they were overpriced but with the deals you can get these days they aren't bad at all. I don't trust myself to hit a manual safety in a stressful moment but if I was a 1911 guy that would be a good fit.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List