Page 97 of 206 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I can't argue that a shotgun beats a pistol-caliber anything. And at motel parking lot distances, it's definitely on par with a Rattler or .300BLK rifle. Alas, it's just the "everything else" (i.e., regulation) that gets in the way of it being useful in this regard for the average citizen. And for people doing things like Craig described, they probably need the ability to defeat soft body armor so the shotgun becomes less useful for them as well.

That said I don't think Goat-Boot-Wife-Beater is going to stand around and take multiple 147-grain or 230-grain HSTs to the chest from a B&T...And unless goat boots are bullet proof...you probably don't have to worry about soft armor issues. And we do know that chances of reloading in a 'civilian' gunfight are quite low and successful shootings occur with everything from .22LR to .500NE and that while pistol calibers aren't as good as rifle calibers, they'll do the job fine if you put the bullets in the A-zone.

And being able to put bullets into the A-zone quicker with your 'PDW' is why you have it, in addition to your pistol.
    Rob, if I order you some goat boots will you pose with your APC 45?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

We have to talk about boundaries, dude.

I told you the goat boots aren't to be mentioned in public, that's a 'behind closed door' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Maybe he could do a whole year calendar, with each page a different weapon and appropriate garb, from the various threads on PF.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Maybe he could do a whole year calendar, with each page a different weapon and appropriate garb, from the various threads on PF.
    This is single-handedly my favorite post of your's George. And I happen to like a lot of your posts.

Alas, I know your bromances are well established with @YVK and @Dagga Boy - leaving me out of the picture.

Fund raiser for PF!

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I can't argue that a shotgun beats a pistol-caliber anything. And at motel parking lot distances, it's definitely on par with a Rattler or .300BLK rifle. Alas, it's just the "everything else" (i.e., regulation) that gets in the way of it being useful in this regard for the average citizen. And for people doing things like Craig described, they probably need the ability to defeat soft body armor so the shotgun becomes less useful for them as well.

That said I don't think Goat-Boot-Wife-Beater is going to stand around and take multiple 147-grain or 230-grain HSTs to the chest from a B&T...And unless goat boots are bullet proof...you probably don't have to worry about soft armor issues. And we do know that chances of reloading in a 'civilian' gunfight are quite low and successful shootings occur with everything from .22LR to .500NE and that while pistol calibers aren't as good as rifle calibers, they'll do the job fine if you put the bullets in the A-zone.

And being able to put bullets into the A-zone quicker with your 'PDW' is why you have it, in addition to your pistol.
    I get it, I'm just not sold on shoulder-sized weapon with pistol-sized rounds. If I'm taking the size penalty, I want the performance advantage. If it's BARELY bigger than a pistol, that's one thing. But if it's getting into compact rifle territory, no, I want a compact long gun.

I did contact a CAD-skilled machinist friend in the industry up here just to see about doing a modular Glock shoulder brace yesterday. In retrospect the swiveling under-folder concept was dumb so by the time I talked to him I'd obviously changed the sketch to a simple side-folder.

Again not particularly applicable in the US but if I am going to have something that lobs pistol rounds, all I want is something very slightly bigger than a pistol.

Sheesh, I dip out of the thread for a short time to make a sand table planning how I’m going to LARP in my basement as a rattler carrying HVT surveillance team member who gets burned on foot....and you guys went full goat-booted stage coach security.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It's a religious storybook!

Name:  0512cgw_animal07.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  18.3 KB
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I was surprised how many Joe Biden Specials were available at the last gun show I attended. Both new manufactured and older double shotguns modified into coach guns. It was in PA where the laws on ownership aren’t particularly onerous but every other table had a few. Seeing how fast some of the SASS guys are I guess you could be worse off.

I have an 18.5” 16ga H&R single shot that a friend gave me. It’s better than a musket but things would have to get pretty medieval for me to get that far down into the safe.
    I shot a SASS match a few years ago for fun. While reviewing the rules and setting up my gear, I learned that the coach guns aren't allowed to have ejectors. It is extractors only. So, the players polish the chambers on the extractor gun until they are mirror shiny. Then you basically just open the gun by working the lever with your strong side thumb, let it fall open, and then flick the empties out. You also shorten the push rod to eliminate the automatic safety. This means you can be grabbing two more shells off your belt with your support hand while doing what I just described. All of that can make for a very fast reload with practice. I bought a Stoeger and set it up like that. It is cool, and it works. If I were in a jurisdiction where that is all I could have, it would be a lot better than just a pistol. Also, as mentioned, if you break the gun down, it is 18" long.

You must have two dozen little shotguns — enough to match them to your mood and outfit.
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I honestly didn't notice myself becoming a mini-shotgun guy but it seems to have happened.
    Which shotgun goes with goat boots?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List