Page 94 of 206 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Hey, I have always been a chest guy — you know what I mean.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hey, I have always been a chest guy — you know what I mean.
    That's GJM- Doin' his best to keep a breast of the latest hotness. Hang in there, Bra!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

GJM, dude, made me laugh.

Best single part for an MP5, the extended selector.

FYI - the folding brace on the MP5 is 13.75" LOP. Not as comfortable as the MP5K. I am going to buy that newer HKPDW brace to try.

Carry on with all the 300BLK stuff. Sig has a new 205gr subsonic hunting round.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    This has my interest. I like the roller lock, the non-reciprocating side-charging handle, the tri-lug MP5K barrel, the fact that I will be able to get an upper for my Glock mag SBR lower. 3.6 lbs? As soon as they’re available, I’m giving one a try.

I agree and If it works I will buy one. Checks all the boxes . I’m not yet convinced that a 9mm PCC isn’t better on several fronts for MY personal situation than the .300 blk rattler I just bought.

I’m going to experiment with it as a proof is concept and see how it shakes out. Should be fun.

But AR controls really are a requirement. God bless the crusty old NCO who taught at my wife’s ROTC because she can manipulate an AR in the 1990’s manner as if “load and make ready” was something she does every day. She was never issued a long gun in her 10 years of service after that. He must have been something 🙂

And I’m a Glock guy who is sold on roller delay. For a PCC that meets MY personal needs that pretty much says take money.

I think one of the main things with "The Great Rattler Shakedown of 2020" is working out with the gun without the can and how much you actually want to do that. The main advantage of the gun is having something that small that goes into a normal sized backpack. So...you're not gonna deploy it with a can if it's getting deployed from the bag. The people that are using this gun operationally are using them without the cans in backpacks while doing things like riding motorcycles, hopping off suddenly on foot and then getting picked up by a surveillance vehicle 4 blocks away. If you have the eyeball on a foot surveillance on an HVT in an urban area around vehicles and you get burned and shit goes kinetic, the Rattler comes into it's own. The Rattler much like the Clinch Pick does a a specific thing REALLY well. I wouldn't try and make it into something it's not and I'd also be very aware of the limitations of shooting this gun "for fun".

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I "for fun".
    I guess we all have our own definition of fun 🙂

I view the rattler for my purposes very much like the 340PD that is my “gun I will actually carry no matter what” Carried a lot and shot a little. Train with the bigger ones after it’s vetted and zeroed. I guess I’m going to find out.

So for those of you carrying these in inconspicuous bags for going out and about, do you keep the bag with you continuously or are you stashing it in the vehicle at times? For the latter, what do you do to safely secure them in a vehicle like a 4-door sedan but still have it quickly accessible if you want to retrieve it?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I put together a parts list and budget for an 8-inch upper tonight. Adding a starter pack of factory ammo and reloading stuff (new caliber), it's around a grand.

Adding another grand would allow it to be like Kevin's little bundle of awesomeness. I have no doubt I'd only want to shoot it with a can anyway, and having a setup with a dedicated, always-there can that would fit in packs would be functionally a lot better, until civilian NFA logistics got in the way.

Both nuts are bigger than I am super motivated to crack right now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    So for those of you carrying these in inconspicuous bags for going out and about, do you keep the bag with you continuously or are you stashing it in the vehicle at times? For the latter, what do you do to safely secure them in a vehicle like a 4-door sedan but still have it quickly accessible if you want to retrieve it?
    Personally, I rarely carry my PDW. I never leave it in a vehicle. When I do it’s a handful of times per year for travel. It’s very situational, but when I do I’m glad I have it. I also carry a large first aid kit/boo boo kit wherever I take my family. I’d imagine in some emergency that falls short short of zombies I’ll be glad I have this low profile stuff worked out. And the LARP. There is always that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I think one of the main things with "The Great Rattler Shakedown of 2020" is working out with the gun without the can and how much you actually want to do that. The main advantage of the gun is having something that small that goes into a normal sized backpack. So...you're not gonna deploy it with a can if it's getting deployed from the bag. The people that are using this gun operationally are using them without the cans in backpacks while doing things like riding motorcycles, hopping off suddenly on foot and then getting picked up by a surveillance vehicle 4 blocks away. If you have the eyeball on a foot surveillance on an HVT in an urban area around vehicles and you get burned and shit goes kinetic, the Rattler comes into it's own. The Rattler much like the Clinch Pick does a a specific thing REALLY well. I wouldn't try and make it into something it's not and I'd also be very aware of the limitations of shooting this gun "for fun".
    This is outstanding practical application info. It brings to light that you if don't need the smallest of the small for frequent carry in a bag on your person, then something with a touch longer barrel might be prudent.

User Tag List