Page 73 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Forgive me for a little bit of a tangent here.

For all of these talk of a 7.5 or smaller AR, with a suppressor; are there good suppressors that will work with a barrel that short?

I know I have suppressors from both AAC and Surefire and they have a minimum barrel length of I believe 10 in.

Thanks
    Energetic Vox and Vox S would work. Light too.

I would love to replace the 18.1oz Trek hanging off my 10.3" SBR with something like a Vox S or the Turbo K.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It is!

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I’ve been wondering about the chassis systems compared to something dedicated like the TP9. They always seemed interesting but possibly gimmicky. I think it was JodyH some time back who reported positive experience with it. Have you put many rounds through it? Are there any drawbacks you have noticed? I’d appreciate any input.
    They can be kind of gimmicky but luckily CAA (Roni) and CAA USA (MCK) do a good job about listening to customer feedback and have been making consistent incremental improvements.

The MCK Gen 2 is the only one that is suppressor ready which was the selling point for me. Its good enough to fill my requirements but there are some drawbacks.

-No external safety: The Roni has a trigger cover but the MCK does not. This makes storing it chambered and slinging it a no-go. These weren't an issue for my use but may discourage others.

-Poor lockup and no return to zero: These kits are plastic and interface with the plastic accessory rail. There will be flex and it will affect your zero. When your remove your glock from the body, you'll lose your zero. I have tested this several times. Although there is zero shift, at 25 yards my POI stays within the black of a B8. 25 is about the longest I expect to use this so it's not an issue. My wife is not a shooter so she won't be making 25 yard hostange shots to begin with so a more accurate platform like the TPM just isn't necessary. For something that is most likely going to be used at 3-7 yards this is an economical solution.

What about something like the Arisaka Defense picatinny offset mount at 6 o'clock? I was thinking about ordering this and trying to see if it will work with something like a M300 body. It might be a little odd but might work if I mounted it s far forward as I could since I have little rail space. It might work really well for you @GJM because you've got a little more real estate. It might not even interfere with the folding of the stock.

https://arisakadefense.com/products/...ount-picatinny

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    What about something like the Arisaka Defense picatinny offset mount at 6 o'clock? I was thinking about ordering this and trying to see if it will work with something like a M300 body. It might be a little odd but might work if I mounted it s far forward as I could since I have little rail space. It might work really well for you @GJM because you've got a little more real estate. It might not even interfere with the folding of the stock.

https://arisakadefense.com/products/...ount-picatinny
    I am running the B&T angled grip (the Magpul version is too long) and am trying to keep it. Putting anything at 6 o'clock would be a last resort for me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I am running the B&T angled grip (the Magpul version is too long) and am trying to keep it. Putting anything at 6 o'clock would be a last resort for me.
    Mount at 12 o'clock light on the right side all the way forward then mount sights rearward of the picatinny mount could possibly work.

My TP9 just came in. I only had time to drop 25 rounds through it but quickly developed the opinion it's small light and trigger sucks. My other thoughts are the gun absolutely needs to be run with a red dot to be useful to me. I'd rather run a pistol with RDS than this gun without a stock on it. I also don't like the 30 round mags but that is probably because I don't have a stock or a brace to work with and can only sling it for now. I definitely prefer the 15 and the 20 round mags I bought with the gun. The gun does not feel odd or unbalance when I shot a few rounds SHO.

I think that the rotating barrel affects felt recoil, the gun is much softer shooting than I thought it would be. Take down is also very interesting. I have a couple other thoughts but will have to wait to put more rounds through it before I voice them. I have a feeling already though that I am going to greatly prefer the APC9K. Both the APC and the TP9 are neat guns but I can see the APC9 being more of the middle ground between a pistol with RDS and an actual carbine. My initial impression is that the TP9 is and always will feel like a pistol regardless of whether you slap on a stock or a brace but we will see. I'll post pictures of the two side by side in just a bit.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-09-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Name:  A40FDFFC-FC58-4B63-B900-9E3A04DFE371.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  57.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Mount at 12 o'clock light on the right side all the way forward then mount sights rearward of the picatinny mount could possibly work.

My TP9 just came in. I only had time to drop 25 rounds through it but quickly developed the opinion it's small light and trigger sucks. My other thoughts are the gun absolutely needs to be run with a red dot to be useful to me. I'd rather run a pistol with RDS than this gun without a stock on it. I also don't like the 30 round mags but that is probably because I don't have a stock or a brace to work with and can only sling it for now. I definitely prefer the 15 and the 20 round mags I bought with the gun. The gun does not feel odd or unbalance when I shot a few rounds SHO.

I think that the rotating barrel affects felt recoil, the gun is much softer shooting than I thought it would be. Take down is also very interesting. I have a couple other thoughts but will have to wait to put more rounds through it before I voice them. I have a feeling already though that I am going to greatly prefer the APC9K. Both the APC and the TP9 are neat guns but I can see the APC9 being more of the middle ground between a pistol with RDS and an actual carbine. My initial impression is that the TP9 is and always will feel like a pistol regardless of whether you slap on a stock or a brace but we will see. I'll post pictures of the two side by side in just a bit.
    I tried an S&S Precision Mount with a Scout set up like that. The light hangs down on or in the way of the ambi charging handle.

Glad you got the TP9! Can’t wait to see pics and hear more about it.

I tried an S&S Precision Mount with a Scout set up like that. The light hangs down on or in the way of the ambi charging handle.

Two biggest initial impressions — this think is light and the trigger is HEAVY.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Maybe the TLR-9? I could see that working a bit better mounted low. It will probably still shadow your barrel, but at 1000-lumens, you probably won't notice.

User Tag List