Page 65 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    @RevolverRob You better hurry up and order something, I don't know if you can justify it after the flugaloo ends...
    I'll be okay.

I'm rolling up my pennies and stacking them away.

More seriously...waiting on @GJM to bring us some TP9 news.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'll be okay.

I'm rolling up my pennies and stacking them away.

More seriously...waiting on @GJM to bring us some TP9 news.
    I considered posting the tracking number, so you can track the shipment towards it’s Thursday arrival, but I was concerned Tom Jones could figure out how to reroute my TP9-N to his FFL.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Unless we have different definitions of camping, I’d absolutely want something at least 5.56 for a camping gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Concur. A 9mm PDW for me would be for more urban settings. And if I’m car camping I have a real rifle - not something that sacrifices the attributes we love our rifles to have.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I considered posting the tracking number, so you can track the shipment towards it’s Thursday arrival, but I was concerned Tom Jones could figure out how to reroute my TP9-N to his FFL.
    We know that @Tom_Jones character is pretty shifty.

___

Moving on - We're now on post #645 (this one) - And I've come to the conclusion that for my needs, I want an 18" max size with the brace/stock folded and probably be chambered in a pistol cartridge, either 9mm or .45. I eventually want one in each or caliber conversions for the same platform.

So, it's basically just decide:

TP9 + GHM45

or

LWRC SMG-45 + 9mm conversion kit when they come out

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    We know that @Tom_Jones character is pretty shifty.

___

Moving on - We're now on post #645 (this one) - And I've come to the conclusion that for my needs, I want an 18" max size with the brace/stock folded and probably be chambered in a pistol cartridge, either 9mm or .45. I eventually want one in each or caliber conversions for the same platform.

So, it's basically just decide:

TP9 + GHM45

or

LWRC SMG-45 + 9mm conversion kit when they come out
    Go tp9 and ghm45. The lwrci seems to be a turd with the mags they originally produced. Not sure if there are any updates but a lot of ftf.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At least yours is moving. Mine shows no movement. Frustrated because my dealer is literally 2 hours away and I couldn't just go get it because it's a pistol and I have to cross into NC. Looks like the Joneses win again and you'll get yours first.

On a positive note my stock already shipped to Custom Smith and everything is set for them to modify it to accept the tailhook. So, hopefully I'll actually have it in hand when the TP9 comes in. I'm also happy as my Tailhook arrives tomorrow for the APC9 K so I will at least really get to put that through its paces and have a good feel for it before the TP9 arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    At least yours is moving. Mine shows no movement. Frustrated because my dealer is literally 2 hours away and I couldn't just go get it because it's a pistol and I have to cross into NC. Looks like the Joneses win again and you'll get yours first.

On a positive note my stock already shipped to Custom Smith and everything is set for them to modify it to accept the tailhook. So, hopefully I'll actually have it in hand when the TP9 comes in. I'm also happy as my Tailhook arrives tomorrow for the APC9 K so I will at least really get to put that through its paces and have a good feel for it before the TP9 arrives.
    I’d feel bad for you son, but you’re already two or three PDWs ahead of me...

@Mike C, are you able to get a measurement of the length of the Pro K with the brace folded? I’d be curious how it compares to @GJM’s regular Pro at 15”.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I have to say... if I wasn’t all in already on AR’s and using them at work, I’d be selling a kidney for B&T rifles.
    https://shootingsurplus.com/b-t-apc2...escopic-brace/

And this website shows the TP9N available with 5” and 7” bbls. I didn’t realize those were options.

5”: https://shootingsurplus.com/b-t-tp9-...mm-5-30rd-tan/

7”: https://shootingsurplus.com/b-t-tp9-...30rd-7bbl-tan/

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm going to try something new that I haven't done with projects like this before...

I have made this "public" and allowed anyone to comment. The purpose behind this is to allow for people to make suggestions or help fill in missing information. If it turns into a shit-show I'll just lock it down again. In the meantime, some may find this of interest. Hopefully folks can restrict their comments to filling in the data and not a bunch of opinions about one thing or another.

PDW Comparison Chart

Nice. I left comments on all the KAC blanks.

User Tag List