Page 63 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If you all have specific makes/models of PDWs, please post direct links ideally to the manufacturer's websites.

Right now I'm only interested in full factory guns, in rifle cartridges, with barrels under 10".

Eventually I plan to add 9mm/subguns/PCC but for now my interest is in rifle calibers and it's my chart so...
    Someone posted this earlier

https://www.springfield-armory.com/s...6-ar-15-pistol

Quote Originally Posted by hlb14 View Post
    GHM9 with tailhook brace collapsed is 19.5 from top to bottom of the tailhook, 18.75 front to back.
    The GHM9 is taller than it is long?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I swear to god I feel a chart coming on...
    This definitely made me laugh out loud.

Culmination of laughter here, and happy to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I've posted this before, but for anyone who doesn't want to do the 4 handed juggle during assembly / disassembly @GJM is referencing, that some PDW stocks and braces require... the MVB captures the spring and buffer. Taking apart an AR with the MVB PDW stock is basically the same as any other AR. It also uses any regular BCG from a regular AR. Some of the PDW stocks require a proprietary BCG that has a buffer built into the aft end. I have the MVB and am very happy with it.

This video demo's the differences in disassembly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwuDr8llNrI
    Data point... The Maxim PDW brace model on the DDM4 PDW allows for a standard bolt and captured buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Quick report (pun intended) on the BRT Covert Comp 7.62 on my 7.5” 300 BLK.
    Using 123gr FMJ, the BRT comp was a little less loud, and had slightly less flash than a blast can. Not a huge difference (not much flash anyway), but it does do the job in a smaller package.

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BR...-7-62-p7674675
    Good information Clusterfrack!

I've started looking into a new comp for the Rattler to replace the Noveske KX 5. While the KX 5 works, it is a large piece of work hanging on the end of the barrel. If I recall correctly when Sig updated the MCX line (Virtus) one of the modifications was to beef up the barrels. So the ability to change out the KX 5 with a smaller package without losing it's effectiveness, all good. The Blast Can in your picture is very much like the KX 5. Here's a quick comparison of the KX 5 to the Black River Tactical offerings.

Manufacture Length Diameter Weight

Noveske KX 5 3.25” 1.2” 4.50 oz.

Black River Covert Comp 1.95” .8635” 2.25 oz.

Black River Mini Covert Comp 1.50” .8635” 1.75 oz.

So now my question is the Covert Comp or the Mini?

JW

Great thread, please continue.
    #RESIST

It’s not really designed to direct the blast forward, but the FCD 6315 is a damn good looking and functional take on the A2 so it’s compact. The newer versions also have some type of internal ribbing (technical term) for your pleasure. And I don’t even like the A2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hlb14 View Post
    GHM9 with tailhook brace collapsed is 19.5 from tip to bottom of the tailhook, 18.75 front to back.
    Fixed, in other words muzzle to bottom of the brace

eta - not sure why I couldn't edit the original post

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Realistically why do you need longer range capability than 300 BO? I mean if we are just going through mental masturbation thats cool. But if we want to talk about a serious weapon to fill the PDW niche I am not seeing the need to go 6.8.
    Man, I probably don't need a PDW for anything besides to stick in the truck when I travel and/or go camping. At which point do I need anything besides a 9mm?

Im just trying to spend your money Rob B&T to flex on the poors.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Man, I'm all the way back to "poor" thinking and considering the Vector SDP in .45 and a 9mm conversion...

That said, I might have been cruising earlier for the LWRC SMG-45. They are saying 9mm conversions coming Soon™. I ASSume they will simply use the 9mm UMP magazines to do their conversions, which would be awesome. UMP mags really aren't expensive overall (50/each regardless of caliber) and they are a very robust and reliable design. More so, apparently, than the B&T mags.

Plus I could go full redneck retard and put in a Franklin Binary trigger in the LWRC and waste ammo even faster. I know, I know, binaries are dumb...

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    So now my question is the Covert Comp or the Mini?
    Not the mini. Regular Covet Comp.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Man, I probably don't need a PDW for anything besides to stick in the truck when I travel and/or go camping. At which point do I need anything besides a 9mm?

Man, I'm all the way back to "poor" thinking and considering the Vector SDP in .45 and a 9mm conversion...

That said, I might have been cruising earlier for the LWRC SMG-45. They are saying 9mm conversions coming Soon[emoji769]. I ASSume they will simply use the 9mm UMP magazines to do their conversions, which would be awesome. UMP mags really aren't expensive overall (50/each regardless of caliber) and they are a very robust and reliable design. More so, apparently, than the B&T mags.

Plus I could go full redneck retard and put in a Franklin Binary trigger in the LWRC and waste ammo even faster. I know, I know, binaries are dumb...
    Unless we have different definitions of camping, I’d absolutely want something at least 5.56 for a camping gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List