Page 59 of 206 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is KAC doing anything that short?
    KAC does make a 9" 300 BO SR30 sbr. Pretty nice gun if you like 300 BO and with a Law folder will fit in a normal day pack.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    KAC does make a 9" 300 BO SR30 sbr. Pretty nice gun if you like 300 BO and with a Law folder will fit in a normal day pack.
    Believe it is 9.5, to be exact, and on my notification list when back in stock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Believe it is 9.5, to be exact, and on my notification list when back in stock.
    They are nice uppers. I have a complete SR30 sbr which has been a great gun. I just recently built a LMT CSW gun with a bunch of left over parts and It’s proven to be a really fun setup and extremely quite. Running with Barnes 110gr. I have been impressed with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Something in the 5”-7” barrel range actually starts to make 10mm make sense. Iirc the FBI was not disappointed in the performance of the mp10’s.

It actually might be the most useful envelope for that cartridge.
    That’s my understanding as well. It’s also why I love my G40 with its 6” bbl.

This thread is making me want to SBR it. Then install a stock, VFG and 6 Second Mount. Oh and a can. Lol! Especially now that ETS makes unibody extended mags for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I think the best choices here in a plug and play option are the TP9 or the Rattler.

That’s where I am at as a non builder who prefers factory guns. For my purposes the K folds to less than 13”, is very soft shooting and accurate, and fits a wide variety of bags. I snapped a quick shitty pic with 60 rounds onboard and a sling just to demonstrate how small it is.
    Name:  3F950E56-C5C1-40A4-ACCE-F6072BB11CBF.jpeg
Views: 611
Size:  85.2 KB

The TP9 is the only obvious way to get a size and weight advantage over the K. It’s also likely to have better ergonomics. GJM’s experience will decide I suppose.

If I want to take advantage of the .300BLK over the K’s 9mm I don’t want to give up much size because I’m urban/suburban. As cool as the mini AR PDWs are, and they are cool, I prob can’t carry one in MY environment easier than I could a commando size carbine. An attached suppressor creates the same issue. I’d like one in the bag though.

So the rattler is an appealing factory option.

All three guns check the block for looking cool while doing it.

Another possibility is that I’m experiencing excess free time

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    11.5 is as short as KAC goes.

They did have a badass 7.62x39 PDW that they developed for a mil customer that never got off the ground.
    ya mean like i linked in post #92?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That’s my understanding as well. It’s also why I love my G40 with its 6” bbl.

This thread is making me want to SBR it. Then install a stock, VFG and 6 Second Mount. Oh and a can. Lol! Especially now that ETS makes unibody extended mags for it.
    I want to love that idea and have looked into glock stocks and some of the pdw style adaptors myself. But, there’s this little voice in my head that says that any gun with a stock or sling should have manual safety.

Based on shooting the Honey Badger, which has a longer barrel than the Rattler, I wouldn’t shoot an unsuppressed Rattler without full dental coverage — lot of fillings will likely need replacement.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Based on shooting the Honey Badger, which has a longer barrel than the Rattler, I wouldn’t shoot an unsuppressed Rattler without full dental coverage — lot of fillings will likely need replacement.
    Good feedback! Thanks

I have no time on the Honey Badger so I can't make a true comparison. However my Rattler has been tamed a great deal with the Noveske KX 5 Flash Suppresor. Damn thing just works at directing the blast forward. The OEM Sig flash suppressor was loud and you could feel it. The guys on the team with the 10.5 5.56mm much prefer my set up to their OEM Colt's. FWIW.

JW
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List