Page 2 of 206 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Nice looking setup!

What kind of muzzle device is that, or is it a suppressor?

thanks
    cc
    It’s a blast can that came with the upper. Seems to work ok in keeping the noise and blast away from the shooter and those on the sides.

I also have a 10” ALG rail that I can swap on when I want to run a 9mm suppressor with subs.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

It's funny you should mention that.

I've been re-evaluating the idea of a .300 BLK pistol.

It would use many of the same bullets as my .308, and many of the same powders as my .357, so I'd just be adding cases and small rifle primers to my supply chain.

Can anybody comment on the advisability of building one on a Polymer 80 receiver, with a PSA parts kit?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I almost went with the Scorpion EVO, but I don't have a suppressor for it. Still on my wantsies list. Thinking it fills the "PDW" role here though.
    That’s my other trunk buddy... but since it has a RDS now, I prefer the AR pistol.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s my other trunk buddy... but since it has a RDS now, I prefer the AR pistol.

Damn dude. Your trunk monkey is well equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Not going to lie, this has been ridding shotgun with me a lot lately. Easy to break down to stow in a backpack. Other than the weight, it is handier in a car than my 11.5 AR pistol. Attachment 50796
    The 1980s called, and just reminded us that those were the good old days. (translation, I am jealous).

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Damn dude. Your trunk monkey is well equipped.
    I was a Boy Scout.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The closest I have to a DPW is a DDV7 Pistol in 5.56. It’s got the 10.3” barrel, an SBA3 brace with a split fix on the brace. A Surefire M300 and an Aimpoint T-1.

I don’t want to go with a smaller barrel in 5.56mm and I’m not ready to add in a new caliber and go in on the 300 Blk.

I currently am using this as my go-to in my house. It was bought as my travel gun when on vacation.

My state is in a mandatory lockdown. Of sorts. Most of my trips are to and from work and I’m issued a marked take home car that has a personally owned 16” DDM4V7 in it.

But when I go out to the store on my off time, the AR Pistol is in my personal car. Something I’ve never done in the past.

With all that’s going on, and the potential for it to get worse, the PDW concept is becoming more and more of a valid concept in my opinion. Kind of wishing I owned a Sig Rattler right about now.

Also a part of me regrets selling my IWI Tavor X95 bull pup.

I think once this is over and the firearms industry has recovered, I will look into a 300 Blk PDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I've been re-evaluating the idea of a .300 BLK pistol.

Can anybody comment on the advisability of building one on a Polymer 80 receiver, with a PSA parts kit?
    I thought the problem with polymer AR receivers was they tend to crack/break where the buffer tube screws in but I'm not sure if that's still true or not.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Damn it, this thread is making me rethink building an AR45 before a .300BLK...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Have things changed where the 300 BO does anything better than a short barrel 7.62x39?

I have a 7.62x39 PWS SBR that I haven't touched in years.
    I think except for use of subsonic and < 10” barrels, 7.62x39 is superior in every way?

User Tag List