Page 197 of 206 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Whats everyone using for a weapon light on their MPX/APC9/Stribog type guns? I was thinking that a pistol light like an X300U or a TLR1-HL at 12 o’clock would make more sense than something like a Surefire Scout or the Modlite equivalent due to the limited effective range of one of these guns compared to something in a rifle caliber. Am I on the right track?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Whats everyone using for a weapon light on their MPX/APC9/Stribog type guns? I was thinking that a pistol light like an X300U or a TLR1-HL at 12 o’clock would make more sense than something like a Surefire Scout or the Modlite equivalent due to the limited effective range of one of these guns compared to something in a rifle caliber. Am I on the right track?
    I tried an X300U at 12 o'clock on my APC9k and it just didn't work as well as I thought it would. The reach to the paddles worked OK for momentary on, but was very awkward if I wanted constant on or to turn it off. I also worry about the switches coming on accidentally in a bag.

The only downside with the APC9k was finding a light setup that I was really happy, but I think I finally found it after like 5 tries. The Surefire Pro swivel mount got the light really close to the gun and the top rail so it doesn't interfere with the folding stock or put the light in a spot to block the ejection port like other MLOK mounts I tried. I don't find the light output overkill at all considering Surefire goes for a lot more spill and isn't as focused on throw as the Modlites I have on rifles. The one cell light would have been fine also, but I wanted something a little longer to get rid of the suppressor shadow since I only shoot it suppressed.

I had to remove the right side charging handle, but that was necessary for most of the options I tired and I only use the left side anyways so I don't consider that a huge sacrifice.

Name:  IMG_4548.jpg
Views: 2913
Size:  101.2 KB

@dontshakepandas That looks like a solid setup. I recently ordered an APC9 Pro with the Glock magazine lower and should hopefully be able to pick it up next week. A rifle-style light interfering with the charging handles was one of the things I was concerned about. The slightly longer handguard of the non-k version should probably have less risk of the light blocking the charging handle but I’m glad to see it’s a simple fix to remove the handle on the light side. I don’t have a pistol caliber suppressor yet but plan to get one down the road. The longer light decreasing shadow is a valid point. The K looks like it would be very cramped at the top rail with a pistol light at 12 o’clock as well.

How do you like that B&T stock? I’m initially planning to get the SB Tactical brace that looks similar to that stock and, if I like it enough, I might SBR the gun and get that buttstock.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post

How do you like that B&T stock? I’m initially planning to get the SB Tactical brace that looks similar to that stock and, if I like it enough, I might SBR the gun and get that buttstock.
    I like the stock a lot, but there isn't a whole lot to it. A lot of people like the telescoping stock/brace and after trying them I just don't like them. They are super uncomfortable to shoot, actually make the gun bigger in the dimensions that matter to me, and cost $600.

The SB Tactical brace is ok, but it really didn't work well as a brace for me since it didn't fit around my arm well. I was using a Custom Smith Manufacturing brace with a tail hook before I got my stamp since the tail hook actually works as a brace, but ironically I think it actually counts against you more in the new AFT brace calculations.

Unless you have a specific need to keep it a pistol, I'd suggest just going with the SBR route. My e-file Form 1 was approved in less than 2 weeks. If the brace rules do end up getting changed I would imagine a huge influx of applications so it would probably be nice to be on the front end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I like the stock a lot, but there isn't a whole lot to it. A lot of people like the telescoping stock/brace and after trying them I just don't like them. They are super uncomfortable to shoot, actually make the gun bigger in the dimensions that matter to me, and cost $600.

The SB Tactical brace is ok, but it really didn't work well as a brace for me since it didn't fit around my arm well. I was using a Custom Smith Manufacturing brace with a tail hook before I got my stamp since the tail hook actually works as a brace, but ironically I think it actually counts against you more in the new AFT brace calculations.

Unless you have a specific need to keep it a pistol, I'd suggest just going with the SBR route. My e-file Form 1 was approved in less than 2 weeks. If the brace rules do end up getting changed I would imagine a huge influx of applications so it would probably be nice to be on the front end of that.
    The rush may have already started - I e-filed my Scorpion Form 1 on 8-4 and am still waiting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The rush may have already started - I e-filed my Scorpion Form 1 on 8-4 and am still waiting.
    I submitted mine on 8/13 and it was approved on 8/25. Maybe I just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I submitted mine on 8/13 and it was approved on 8/25. Maybe I just got lucky.
    Was this your first? It’s mine, and I wonder if that can cause a delay.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Was this your first? It’s mine, and I wonder if that can cause a delay.
    That could have something to do with it. I have several suppressors and a few other form 1 SBRs. Hopefully yours will be approved soon... along with my form 4 for my Sandman K.

9-Hole Reviews did a video on the PDW concept. Suggested viewing material for anyone who is having trouble understanding it.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    9-Hole Reviews did a video on the PDW concept. Suggested viewing material for anyone who is having trouble understanding it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eEt4Y_STOw

Pinned by 9-Hole Reviews in the comments section:

"Seems like some guys are looking at bullpups as a PDW. I want to reiterate that PDW's are dependent on an INTENDED DEFENSIVE ROLE.
    The Tavor was designed as a general purpose rifle.
    The MP5a3, UMP, etc were designed as a general purpose SMG.
    While these can be pressed into PDW use (though the Tavor is more of a military PDW use), they were designed with a general purpose intent.

The Steyr TMP/ B&T MP9/TP9 does not explicitly say it's a PDW, but the layout seems to go the direction of the Vz61 where it's categorized as a machine pistol, but in reality is a ground-up type I design with Type III SMG internals."

User Tag List