Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I have one, havent shot it in forever.
    As in the PWS 7.62x39?
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    As in the PWS 7.62x39?
    Why not?
    Yes, I have a PWS, I dont seem to shoot all that much, plus I got a lot of weird looks at the range because its loud as hell.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a PWS, I dont seem to shoot all that much, plus I got a lot of weird looks at the range because its loud as hell.
    With a LAW folder, do you think it's a viable option as a PDW/bag gun? I figure one would want a 20rd mag for such, but I have zero research time on the reliability or existence of such a magazine.

With a LAW folder, do you think it's a viable option as a PDW/bag gun? I figure one would want a 20rd mag for such, but I have zero research time on the reliability or existence of such a magazine.
    How large of a bag do you have? I have a lower with a law folder I can stick it on and measure it for you.

How large of a bag do you have? I have a lower with a law folder I can stick it on and measure it for you.
    Very kind of you! No certain bag at the moment, just brainstorming. GJM says an 8" 300blk LAW folder will fit so I'm tickled by the idea of a 7.5" 7.62x39 LAW folder since the ammo is about the opposite of availability and price right now compared to 300blk.

Site Supporter
    Very kind of you! No certain bag at the moment, just brainstorming. GJM says an 8" 300blk LAW folder will fit so I'm tickled by the idea of a 7.5" 7.62x39 LAW folder since the ammo is about the opposite of availability and price right now compared to 300blk.
    (Puts on AK geek hat)

I love the 7.62x39 as a jack-of-all-trades round, but be careful about ammo selection for a 7.5in x39 gun that you may use defensively. Lots of flavors of x39 ammo will have consistent or intermittent watermelon-sized fireballs out of a barrel that length regardless of the muzzle device used. It is also valuable to chrono your chosen loads because in sub 10in barrels some x39 ammo loses a lot of velocity, while others only lose a little bit. Tula in particular is very dirty and loves to throw huge fireballs.

I'd try the Hornady SST black and Federal offerings and pick one that works best in your gun as the 'working' load.

I'll get some measurements later tonight.

I'll get some measurements later tonight.

18.5 folded.

25.25 unfolded with brace in shortest position (SB3).

This is with the stock 3 prong flash hider.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Anecdotally, not particularly awesome ammo through a 7.75" AK pistol seems to be pretty effective.

Attachment 60876
    I'd forgotten that was a mini Draco that was used.

How is the Mrs. doing these days?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    (Puts on AK geek hat)

I love the 7.62x39 as a jack-of-all-trades round, but be careful about ammo selection for a 7.5in x39 gun that you may use defensively. Lots of flavors of x39 ammo will have consistent or intermittent watermelon-sized fireballs out of a barrel that length regardless of the muzzle device used. It is also valuable to chrono your chosen loads because in sub 10in barrels some x39 ammo loses a lot of velocity, while others only lose a little bit. Tula in particular is very dirty and loves to throw huge fireballs.

I'd try the Hornady SST black and Federal offerings and pick one that works best in your gun as the 'working' load.
    I'm still a big fan of the Liberty Cans "Phoenix" flash hider, Gomez turned me on to. Fireballs are greatly reduced.

User Tag List