Page 183 of 206 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Thanks. I just realized that the HK94 SBR and Vector AK SBR might actually be a bit big for this thread's interpretation of PDW. So I could have posted the pictures of the HK SP5K and left it at that.
    Nah they're just fine. We don't really have an agreed upon definition of what a PDW is.

My personal criteria is that it needs to be concealable in a reasonably sized backpack/bag that can be transported and carried inconspicuously. Mostly it comes down to a persons individual needs and preferences. I personally wouldn't use a shotgun in that role but it seems there are some that do.

Mine is my Colt 11.5" 6933 upper on an Aero lower with a Law folder and brace.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Nah they're just fine. We don't really have an agreed upon definition of what a PDW is.

My personal criteria is that it needs to be concealable in a reasonably sized backpack/bag that can be transported and carried inconspicuously. Mostly it comes down to a persons individual needs and preferences. I personally wouldn't use a shotgun in that role but it seems there are some that do.

The original PDW that was widely issued by any country was aks74u in 5.45. I think a variant in 7.62x39 fully qualifies as a pdw.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The original PDW that was widely issued by any country was aks74u in 5.45. I think a variant in 7.62x39 fully qualifies as a pdw.
    Yes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It'd be more accurate to call the M92 a short PDW variant of the Yugoslavian M70AB1, which itself was a Yugoslavian variant of an AKMS and has some substantial differences from a Russian AK.
    The AK74 and all of its variants were from a different 'branch' of Russian development in the 70's and 80's.

Interestingly, the Iraqi's set up domestic AK production using Zastava-sourced machinery and blueprints, so Iraqi AK's are basically clones of Yugo AK's, and the Iraqis domestically produced their version of an M92.

I find all of the myriad of AK variants to be pretty interesting, and for awhile I was trying to collect them. Then it got too stupid expensive.

My personal criteria is that it needs to be concealable in a reasonably sized backpack/bag that can be transported and carried inconspicuously. Mostly it comes down to a person’s individual needs and preferences. I personally wouldn't use a shotgun in that role but it seems there are some that do.

I reckon that “PDW” is somewhat fluid, or situational. Those who want a legal handgun, in order to carry under the provisions of a badge, license, permit, or the LEOSA, will want something different than someone who has no legal capability to carry a handgun, and so wants the shortest legal long gun. An example of the latter is my young adult self, in early-Eighties Texas, when private citizens could not generally carry handguns, a time and place where the general solution was a stock-less shotgun, but Uzi Carbines had a following. I opted for the collapsible/folding-stock Uzi, and yes, do indeed wish I would have kept it.

Actually, there are still niches where a long gun is a better legal fit, than a handgun, and vice versa. My LAW-foldered 10.3” AR pistol, a DDM4 V7P, and my Remington TAC-14, at just over 26”, and therefore a long gun, both* have their applications.

*Well, if I can ever accumulate enough 300 AAC/BLK, to truly vet the AR pistol, it will have its niche. I have stopped trying, for now, to instead concentrate on accumulating other rifle cartridges, and may temporarily swap one of my 16” 5.56 uppers onto the DDM4 lower.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I reckon that “PDW” is somewhat fluid, or situational. ~snip~
    Yeah that's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    -like if your car broke down or you got trapped in riot area, try getting a a hoodie with the anarchy symbol on it

Attachment 60102

If you really wanted to fit in, carry a skateboard along with that outfit and no one would give you a second glance.
    I know it's tongue in cheek but it reminded me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    e 110 Barnes black tip likely has significant temp cavitation at 1700-1800 fps.
    Maybe it's been covered but I thought you didn't really get RIFLE ballistics (i.e. temp caviatation now matters) until you were over 2000 fps. Is that not the case?

Yeah that's what I said.
    Yes, I was agreeing with you.

I guess I prattled-on so much, however, it may have seemed otherwise. Sorry.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Christensen Arms CA9MM - 7.5” barrel

I recently had a couple of pistols I no longer wanted and some cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I was on the hunt locally for my first PDW style weapon. I made the local rounds to stores in the area every week for a few weeks. Ran across this Christensen Arms AR-9 and fell in love with the quality of it. Had to purchase!

This is mainly for home defense and range fun. I have several traditional 9mm pistols for conceal carry and an AR-15 for SHTF. Went through 200 rounds the day after I got it (earlier this week) and couldn’t be happier!

Immediate changes will be a riser for the Vortex Venom. Next maybe some BUIS and maybe a small flashlight.

I think these were just released in August and there’s not much info out there on them. Just wanted to share my excitement!
    Last edited by NothingBurger; 09-11-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingBurger View Post
    Christensen Arms CA9MM - 7.5” barrel...

...I think these were just released in August and there’s not much info out there on them. Just wanted to share my excitement!
    Neat gat - I like the grey color.

Strange that they'd mill off the forward assist provision and fill it in. I'd think it would be more inexpensive to just source slick-side AR uppers.
    But if that model is new for August of this year, that might just be a 'this is what we had available' sort of accommodation, and it'll just be a curiosity in the future, like the old Chinese MAK-90's that came in with thumbhole stocks but rear trunnions set up for an underfolding stock.

User Tag List