Page 149 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

@GJM have you tried one of these? I’m damn tempted.
    https://www.surefire.com/xc2-a-irc-u...ser-sight.html

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    @GJM have you tried one of these? I’m damn tempted.
    https://www.surefire.com/xc2-a-irc-u...ser-sight.html
    I was looking at this for a 12 o'clock mount but couldn't find the height. Bezel height was mentioned but I don't know if that it to total heigh and if it will interfere with the Romeo 5 I have on a low mount. Don't we have a member or two with one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A few thoughts.

6) I wouldn’t pick a 1 moa optic for the Rattler as I see most of its use at pistol distances. A larger dot is less wiggly and is easier for me to pick up quickly. While an RMR may be reliable compared to other pistol optics, I don’t believe it is reliable compared to a rifle optic. I would go with an Aimpoint micro, or similar sealed emitter form factor carbine optic, which will be more reliable, easier to change batteries, and usable in the widest range of conditions like low sun angles, rain and snow.

8) While dry firing and handling the Rattler, the way the Sig brace moved around bugged me, but when live firing I never noticed a difference in how the Rattler recoiled based on how the brace moved around.
    1. What rmr would you recommend if you had to pick? I have zero experience with pistol optics. I’m going to experiment with the rmr and mount combo because I can’t figure out how to get backup sights and a light I can activate at the same time. I already have a T1 on it I can use if I don’t like the rmr.

2. Now that you say it, I’ve only shot the rattler twice but I also never noticed the brace

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A few thoughts.

2) the PDW threads continue to dominate the rifle sub forum, because the ability to carry something that launches supersonic 110 Barnes and that fits into your EDC pack is such a game changer in bringing power to your self defense set-up. That this Barnes launcher is classified as a pistol, with no special paperwork required is icing on the cake.

3) I just drove a vehicle a few hours up to Las Vegas and returned in another vehicle. No way would I tote a separate rifle case on that kind of trip, but the Rattler came along in my GR1 along with my other day trip essentials. Fitting into your regular day pack makes it work, and that means it is available. A really cool thing at home locked up in the safe isn’t all that useful.

That's where I'm at George. I just don't see anything else on the market that is essentially as turn-key as the Rattler. And like you it's common for me to fly into one place, rent a car, drop it off in another place, and then fly home. I'll be doing a run like that next week from MS to VT to NH to MS. I can put the Rattlker in with my sim guns in the Pelican /Storm 2720 hard case GR1 and run with it.

6) I wouldn’t pick a 1 moa optic for the Rattler as I see most of its use at pistol distances. A larger dot is less wiggly and is easier for me to pick up quickly. While an RMR may be reliable compared to other pistol optics, I don’t believe it is reliable compared to a rifle optic. I would go with an Aimpoint micro, or similar sealed emitter form factor carbine optic, which will be more reliable, easier to change batteries, and usable in the widest range of conditions like low sun angles, rain and snow.

7) I haven’t figured out what product meets this spec, but I would like a very low profile light and laser that I could mount at 12 o’clock on the top rail of the Rattler without obscuring field of view through the optic.
    So this mount for T1/2...

https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.co...nvl-ukon-2-t1/

with this light laser combo..

https://www.surefire.com/illuminatio...le-system.html

Should do the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    That's where I'm at George. I just don't see anything else on the market that is essentially as turn-key as the Rattler.
    How about the DDM4 PDW?

It's a bit longer overall but looks to have similar capabilities.

I have no experience with either, and I'm considering buying a 300blk pdw pretty much for the same reasons you have mentioned in your previous posts, but I am tall guy, with correspondingly long arms, and I wonder if the Rattler is not just too short for me, as well as wondering how good the DD offering is.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How about the DDM4 PDW?

I have no experience with either, and I'm considering buying a 300blk pdw pretty much for the same reasons you have mentioned in your previous posts, but I am tall guy, with correspondingly long arms, and I wonder if the Rattler is not just too short for me, as well as wondering how good the DD offering is.
    Without having hands on one I'd say it's probably a good choice but it's just to big for what I want to do with it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How about the DDM4 PDW?

Has been discussed earlier in the thread.

My only issue would be the collapsing rather than folding stock makes the minimum OAL longer. Personally, I'd rather have a folder and a longer barrel, or the option of a can mounted in the carry gear, for the same length.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Uhh...yea man.
    Fuck it I'll go buy it after I get done with dinner.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    My only issue there is that they recommend running it as far forward as possible, taking up that extra real-estate on the already short Rattler receiver top. And it's fairly high.

Are folks running a high mount (1/3 or absolute co-witness) or low mounts with the Rattlers? @Mike C @GJM @Pit

with this light laser combo..

https://www.surefire.com/illuminatio...le-system.html

Should do the trick!
    I saw that and it's pretty trick. The XC2 Light-Laser is a little more compact (shorter at least).

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I dug around the Surefire site earlier and concluded that the main (perhaps only) reason the IR-bearing combos were linked by Rob and Craig was that they had green lasers rather than the red laser of the XC2.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List