Page 135 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    With that said the military SOF variant of the Rattler (LVAW) has been in use since 2014 and is still not terribly common to see overseas, regardless of the rave reviews by civilian shooters. That's a little telling to me as well.
    I realize this was just and offhand remark, But I think it’s an interesting and potentially valid point. I generally don’t care about or choose my personal equipment because of who is or isn’t using it, but I think we all agree that organizational feedback provides a lot of info about reliability and longevity.

So I was intrigued by the idea that there may be an issue with the guns and therefore the end-users aren’t really using them. Given the copious amount of free time I have these days, and the fact that my TV is dominated by family fare, I decided to look into it last night.

This site is really the only social media I participate in, but after a bit of googling there seems to be quite a bit of evidence of LVAW usage on the net, at least as much as there is from GWOT of the things it was designed to replace, the MP7, MP5K, MP5SD, etc. It was never intended to replace the 416 (but I did learn that there is a replacement competition underway or maybe already completed) Here are some relatively recent pics from Afghanistan and Syria respectively. There are lots more but we aren’t “Airsoft pistol forum”

Name:  4A052CED-8C55-4E72-8B26-3F2F3DCA3CCF.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  4FD38FD4-469D-4C2E-A895-56C9AE5348CD.jpeg
Views: 675
Size:  24.9 KB

Name:  E6A515FC-DEDE-48ED-9F2C-8BF17EAA6CC8.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  72.9 KB

I feel more confident now that there aren’t major issues with the gun. I’m not sure whether to thank or curse TGS for sending me down a rabbit hole into the heart-of-internet-darkness where kids sit in their basement and scrutinize pictures to see what kind of shoelaces Mega Force is using

Terrible trigger takes the TP9 off the table. It probably works well in full auto but terrible in semi.

here's hoping that the Agency trigger fixes it.

This video has a good comparison between the TP9 and the MPX using HF.

For anyone who has shot the TP9 and the PS90, are they similar triggers?

What a let down. Between that review and the feedback from @Mike C and @GJM, it's obvious why the gun never made it anywhere. Imagine if they were to redesign it with a conventional trigger from the APC or GHM....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Terrible trigger takes the TP9 off the table. It probably works well in full auto but terrible in semi.

here's hoping that the Agency trigger fixes it.

This video has a good comparison between the TP9 and the MPX using HF.

Sure wish someone posted this video before I bought the TP9!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What a let down. Between that review and the feedback from @Mike C and @GJM, it's obvious why the gun never made it anywhere. Imagine if they were to redesign it with a conventional trigger from the APC or GHM....
    I too feel let down. FWIW I have shot both a P90 in Poland with some friends while visiting, a few PS90's here in the US and now the TP9. Having done so I would say the following: the FN offering is a mushy long trigger with excessive pretravel and a rolling break, (at least the 4 different samples I've shot) the TP9 was Glockish but with pretravel under heavy spring tension and an excessive wall that felt every bit of 11-12lbs. I am a fan of neither and while I've no doubts that both can be shot well given dedication neither offer up enough advantages over something like a Sig Rattler, (if it works) or even an AR with Law folder unless one is placing heavy value on capacity and size alone. It was obvious why the gun never went anywhere within the first 50 rounds to me, more so as I fired the next 150 or so rounds. The TP9 IMHO isn't even worth the time of day.

Even if the TP9 had a trigger like the APC9 I don't know if the juice would still be worth the squeeze. It is like shooting a pistol with the disadvantage of being overly large as concealment is more difficult but it doesnt handle significantly better than a RDS equipped pistol. GJM as usual is spot on. Now because I'm a glutton for punishment I really would like to get my hands on a Rattler and try one. I don't know I trust Sig at all still despite some seriously bad ass innovation. The APC on the other hand continues to impress. When I wipe it down you can barely tell it's been shot. Accuracy is good to 150 which is the furthest I've shot it to which I'll admit is quite far and outside the envelope of what I was really looking at. I am starting to think that a Rattler in 300 B.O. would really kill everything I'm looking for in one fell swoop.

PDW, light hunting for Bambi, (since shots where I'm at rarely crest 70 yards), shooting tusked pests, woods gun, light fun suppressed with subs. Fuck, I think I just talked myself into one.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-30-2020 at 02:57 PM.

It's been a few years but, I've fired an MP9 before. I remember it being every bit the "staple gun" some might think of it as. It's unfortunate, because I really wanted to like it. The manual of arms is just a bit too odd as well.

Not a terrible gun, but for the price and plentiful options these days, not worth it IMO. If I'm going to spend at or near $2k, it's gonna have to be something like a Dakota D54, HK SP5, pimped out GHM9, etc.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You don't have to drink shitty whisky, just switch from scotch to bourbon.

Even cheap bourbon is still delicious.
    Wonderful inexpensive Rye whiskey options out there also. I don't know much about PDWs but I do know Rye...

Well, @GJW "made me do it . . ." (Not really, but his experiences and advice were of great help)

My LGS had a B&T APC9 Pro in stock, w/o a brace. And a APC45 with the brace. I asked them if I bought the APC9, they'd make me a deal, including moving the brace over to the 9. Oh, and adding the last T2 they had, a display model. It took me longer to do the paperwork than it did for them to put everything together. First range visit will wait until Saturday.

I figured I'd go with the 9 simply because I'll shoot it more than one in .300 BLK, although maybe later . . .

Dug through the various daypacks in the back room closet, and found a Lowe Pro (designed as a camera pack) that appears to work well. Clearly doesn't look "tactical", it's lightweight, and has light padding all around.

Thanks George!

. . . and found a Lowe Pro (designed as a camera pack) that appears to work well. Clearly doesn't look "tactical", it's lightweight, and has light padding all around.
    As an urban dweller, around here it seems the Alternative-Living types will lift anything that can be flipped or pawned, and a camera pack would vanish about as quickly as a gun case. I don't know what the answer is, but the question has to include the phrase "not valuable enough to steal".

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    As an urban dweller, around here it seems the Alternative-Living types will lift anything that can be flipped or pawned, and a camera pack would vanish about as quickly as a gun case. I don't know what the answer is, but the question has to include the phrase "not valuable enough to steal".
    Discreet packs, bags, and covert types (instrument shaped) are not for storage or security. They are for moving the weapon around without people thinking it’s a weapon. They still require a lock box or something to keep them from walking.

User Tag List