Page 106 of 208 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2074

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    that's pretty funny. when you posted the first one I was going to ask if anyone knew if a light and sight would fit on the front rail section, and then you added the second with the continuous rail, haha.
    Haha. I actually posted the wrong model first, meaning to add the continuous rail model. Hitting the link, and seeing my mistake, I added the second one and "options".

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Haha. I actually posted the wrong model first, meaning to add the continuous rail model. Hitting the link, and seeing my mistake, I added the second one and "options".
    Problem is, they are probably still 2x the price of the PSA once you add a BCG and CH.

Problem is, they are probably still 2x the price of the PSA once you add a BCG and CH.
    I don't count the CH, because it would like be GI and replaced anyway, but yeah at good BCM BCG will set you back $190.

I'll donate a GI CH if it makes a difference.

My only issue with the Aero upper is the rail design. No idea why they don't do Mlok on all flats, when that useless two-hole design has to take longer (aka cost more) to manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    I think that means that 20 inches overall is the maximum acceptable length with the stock folded.

The SIG Rattler is 16" folded.

A quick Google search showed many briefcases 16-18 inches wide.
    Not trying to take the PDW thread in a different direction, but simply as a point of comparison, a Model S&W500 with an 8.38" barrel has a 15" overall length and weighs 69.1 ounces.
    Name:  Model S&W500.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  12.4 KB
    Last edited by Velo Dog; 04-15-2020 at 02:22 PM.

i wish I could remember what upper Silvers sent me for testing the 300blk back when it first rolled out. I put about 1k rounds of pre-production 300blk ammo through that upper, a lot of it through an AAC SDN6 when they first came out at a Pat Rogers class. Ammo even came in a white box, IIRC.

i wish I could remember what upper Silvers sent me for testing the 300blk back when it first rolled out. I put about 1k rounds of pre-production 300blk ammo through that upper, a lot of it through an AAC SDN6 when they first came out at a Pat Rogers class. Ammo even came in a white box, IIRC.
    looks like it must have been a 9.5" given the 10.5" and 11.5" known barrel lengths in the first photo (and the trip down memory road looking for this photo has been entertaining! I had no idea it had been a decade since I did my testing with the 300 BLK but it was a 2010 EAG course where I ran this upper!)

Name:  photo-20-10.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  11214403691871.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  31.4 KB

eta: here's a fun one!
    Name:  a3d90e93.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  41.2 KB

Hammertime
    That is essentially the upper I use for 300BLK. Zero functional problems. I did run it with a suppressor and bent a parts kit bolt catch. I don't know if it was cheap parts or to high a bolt speed. After replacing the bolt catch and adding a heavier buffer I have had no further problems. Either way I don't hold the upper responsible.

looks like it must have been a 9.5" given the 10.5" and 11.5" known barrel lengths in the first photo (and the trip down memory road looking for this photo has been entertaining! I had no idea it had been a decade since I did my testing with the 300 BLK but it was a 2010 EAG course where I ran this upper!)

Name:  photo-20-10.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  11214403691871.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  31.4 KB

eta: here's a fun one!
    Name:  a3d90e93.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  41.2 KB
    Is that a white or silver Aimpoint??

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Seems like the whole point of the 9mm PDW is to be able to shoot better than with your pistol. If you can not shoot significantly better with it, you might as well just have your pistol or a second pistol in your pack.
    This was very well stated.

(Especially since I'm a retard with a rifle...)

User Tag List