Page 102 of 206 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://www.recovertactical.com/prod...arex-cybergun/

I preordered one of these... it left Israel on the 31st & will get here eventually I suppose.
    Interesting. I don't know anything about these and my only recollection of Recover was that I once made a joke here about how their 1911 chassis gave all the advantages of the 2011, only in a proven single-stack format and without the tolerance issues of a modular grip frame, and the potential evolution of that design.

But what this DOES make me think of is the B&T USW chassis. I had thought there was only a G17 version but behold:

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-usw...2021-bt-430220

They make one for the G20 also. Okay, this is now my vote. Fixed mount for your red dot, etc, etc, etc.

Again I get that this may not work well with US laws but for my money, this is the way to do a pistol-calibre PDW.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Griffin stuff is awesome and Hansohn has it for a great price.
    Damn the plan A is out of stock though... hrmm, time to go do some digging around.

The Griffin stuff is awesome and Hansohn has it for a great price.
    I can't stop sending them money for Omega bling and Cherry Bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    ETA: It dawned on me after posting that you were likely talking about "marginal" performance as it pertained to reliability with subs, not ballistics.

Looking at the delta between 16", 10.5", 9", and 8" barrel data for Hornady Sub-X 190gr, I can't see another inch or so making much more of a difference. I won't say the 5.5" Rattler wouldn't suffer some, but clearly the 7.5" and 7" offerings wouldn't be much different than the 8" here.

Attachment 52013

Here is the Sub-X bullet and gel using a 9" KAC. With the 8" only dropping 9fps, it's probably fair to say a 7-7.5" barrel would get nearly all of this performance.

Attachment 52015

Link to data... https://www.hornadyle.com/rifle-ammu...r-sub-x-tap#!/
    Yes marginal reliability.

That said, I mean those 190 subs perform basically like a big pistol bullet. 17.5” of penetration, expansion to ~0.5”, yes it looks like it tumbled and left a bigger wound tract, but overall, I’d expect similar performance from an 8” barrel from a 230-grain HST...the wound tract won’t be quite as large, but expansion will be better (pretty consistent .8” expansion for .45 HST from 5” barrels).

That just reinforces for me that supersonics are the way to go at least for .300BLK. Which basically means what? The 110-grain A-Max?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I can't stop sending them money for Omega bling and Cherry Bombs.
    Stop buying all the damn 1/2x28 cherry bombs!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Stop buying all the damn 1/2x28 cherry bombs!
    Hey, that wasn't me this time! I bought 5/8x24.

@Hansohn Brothers what's a brother gotta do to get a Whistle Tip? I'm a creature of habit and don't like shopping elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Yes marginal reliability.

That said, I mean those 190 subs perform basically like a big pistol bullet. 17.5” of penetration, expansion to ~0.5”, yes it looks like it tumbled and left a bigger wound tract, but overall, I’d expect similar performance from an 8” barrel from a 230-grain HST...the wound tract won’t be quite as large, but expansion will be better (pretty consistent .8” expansion for .45 HST from 5” barrels).

That just reinforces for me that supersonics are the way to go at least for .300BLK. Which basically means what? The 110-grain A-Max?

I've seen some good reports of the 110 A-Max. Seems a 110gr projectile meant to be a varmint bullet out of a .308 actually performs pretty well at 300blk velocities. I'll see if I can dig some info up. It will likely be in paper form, as Hornady has removed the 110 A-Max 300blk from their LE line (and subsequently their website). Commercial website doesn't go into the same detail.

I'd probably say the supersonic go-to, other than loadings that use the Barnes 110gr TSX, is the Hornady equivalent 110gr GMX.

The two commercial 110gr GMX SKUs are 80879 (Custom) or 80874 (Full Boar).

ETA: Cleaned up, added links.
    Last edited by StraitR; 04-14-2020 at 09:23 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    But what this DOES make me think of is the B&T USW chassis. I had thought there was only a G17 version but behold:

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-usw...2021-bt-430220

They make one for the G20 also. Okay, this is now my vote. Fixed mount for your red dot, etc, etc, etc.

Again I get that this may not work well with US laws but for my money, this is the way to do a pistol-calibre PDW.
    In stock with at least one US retailer.

https://www.eurooptic.com/B-T-USW-G2...BT-430220.aspx
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Let's talk PDW's

Stop talking crazy. Of course you need a short .30 can.
    The TBAC Ultra 5 is pretty sweet...

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/thu...er/ultra-5-30/

But... I’m on a 12 step program, and haven’t bought a suppressor for over a year... I’ve got a problem. I know.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-14-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The TBAC Ultra 5 is pretty sweet...

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/thu...er/ultra-5-30/

But... I’m on a 12 step program, and haven’t bought a suppressor for over a year... I’ve got a problem. I know.
    No, no, no, you've got that all wrong. You have a problem because you haven't bought one in over a year.

User Tag List