Page 50 of 206 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Are the B&T offerings that much better than a CZ scorpion or MP5K?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I'm really getting into this compact ​long gun thing.

2) With almost 500 posts about hardware, culminating in a general consensus on what defines a PDW, any software discussion up to and including deployment/usage would be be outstanding.

For my purposes the ability to stow the gun as quickly as I deploy it and take it with me is important. For Southnarc’s zombie/alien apocalypse example of dismounting in stopped traffic, using the gun, and then possibly moving on foot makes me want to be able to “re-holster” the way I would with a hand gun in order to not be perceived as a threat by any good guys or show my hand to any threats. So, attaching a can that would not fit back into the bag, using a bag where the gun has to be broken down, or one that the magazine must be out of the gun wouldn’t work for me.

Dry practicing the feasibility of deploying/stowing/deploying again seems useful.

Is it safe to say the TP-9 is the MP7 that people should actually want?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Are the B&T offerings that much better than a CZ scorpion or MP5K?
    The HK SP5K is softer shooting. The B&T has better ergonomics and is easier to accessorize. B&T offers more models and configurations than HK does currently.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

With the APC9 Pro in my GR1, if I flip the pack so it hangs in front of me, I can easily deploy it.

I should probably have my wife do a few reps deploying it, as she could very easily do that from behind, with me wearing the pack conventionally. Besides fast, it would be pretty stealthy, too.

Pictures, from the G&R website, of the TP9-N with the collapsing brace.

Name:  6E61BC0B-7F98-45F4-95D5-86AD4C224CA8.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  E31EC2DD-E4DF-4395-9A52-A58ACA02A406.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  59.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ...have my wife do a few reps deploying it, as she could very easily do that from behind, with me wearing the pack conventionally.....
    Sorry dude, but your wife is so dialed in that I think of this every time I hear about all your exploits...

Name:  mrmrssmith.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  24.5 KB

On some of the close range drills I run with the Rattler, I push the weapon out from the body with both hands. The support arm is close to full extension. I put the dot high center mass and press the trigger. During MP5 instructor training we did very much the same but with the sling on giving a third point of contact. This is for close contact, head up ass training.

While doing these close quarters drill I determined I'm not a huge fan of the Magpul MOE K2 grip. I changed it out with a BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 grip. Unable to get some live fire drills done, but it feels more comfortable running them in dry drills. Hands a bit farther forward. Grip has a more natural round feel to it. I,m also going back to the two point sling for those rare times it's taking on body for longer movements. Additionally I've decided to return to the practice of leave the front sight up (I know they're down in pics) as it assist me on getting a quicker index on the red dot. They are up on my carbines so trying to remain consist.

JW
    Attached Images Attached Images   

@RevolverRob, good recommendation on Custom Smith MFG. I got the side folding brace adapter in two days they are great people to deal with. I'm just waiting on HKParts to ship the Gear Head Works tailhook since Custom Smith didn't have them in stock. Looks like a decent solution until the stamp arrives or I can get my hands on one of the collapsable B&T Gucci stocks. Also, I meant to answer your question M-Lok is under the pic rail 3 & 9 o'clock, not at 6 the pic rail isn't removable and a trilug adapter came with the gun.

Attachment 51333

Coworkers integrally suppressed Scorpion. PDW brace was replaced with a tail hook side folder. The PDW brace was way to flimsy/sloppy.

Rail gets hot pretty quick but runs very well with various ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List