Page 110 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    ...I was able to shoot my 8.5" 300BLK with the Omega 9K recently. It wasn't horribly loud - though too loud to use without ear pro IMO...
    Subsonic was too loud? I thought that was supposed to be quieter than 9mm.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Quick tutorial on using PF affiliate links?

Does this get PF some profit sharing? I'm all for that.

Should have thought of this long ago.
    Correct. Use the links to PF affiliates in the tool bar at the top of the page, and PF gets a small kick back.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 1.20.13 PM.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  30.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't "need" to shoot 9mm from it, I already have a 9mm can on my PCC, but it wouldn't hurt particularly if it was able to be shot on a pistol.

My thinking has always been that I want one can that lives on my dedicated suppressed "home defense" AR in the safe, but when I want to go shoot other guns I can just take it off and move it over. I don't really want to be changing end-caps (not sure if I mid adding extensions, having never done it), but ideally I'd like to unscrew it from the HD gun, screw it on to the FH/Brake on a different gun, and go shoot. Bugging out for a hurricane and want to take my PDW? Great, unscrew from SBR, screw on to PDW, put in bag, chamber round (sorry! :P ) and move on.

I realize I'm not going to get "ideal" in any application by doing this. But ok across all of the applications is my version of "ideal" in this case. I'd want to be able to have it attached via a brake mount to the HD 5.56 AR, have compatible FH mounts on all other 5.56 ARs and the AK, a .30 brake mount on the PDW in 300 blk, and a .30 cal FH mount on the .308 "practical rifle", and maybe the SR25 I'm going to buy when I win the lotto

So basically I want/need .30 cal brake and FH in a variety of threads, 5.56 brakes and FH in just one thread, and a can that (spitballing here) doesn't add more than 4-5" past the end of the muzzle device (4-6" OAL?) and weighs in under 10 oz (under 8 would be better, i think, based on no idea if that's even a thing). Durability is less of an issue because it's going to get used rarely at most. Which again is why I want one so-so can rather than 6 ideal cans.
    Resonator K? There's also the R9 that's supposed to be out this Summer, but that's geared toward 9mm applications and has more stringent barrel restrictions than the dedicated rifle cans.

I don't "need" to shoot 9mm from it, I already have a 9mm can on my PCC, but it wouldn't hurt particularly if it was able to be shot on a pistol.

My thinking has always been that I want one can that lives on my dedicated suppressed "home defense" AR in the safe, but when I want to go shoot other guns I can just take it off and move it over. I don't really want to be changing end-caps (not sure if I mid adding extensions, having never done it), but ideally I'd like to unscrew it from the HD gun, screw it on to the FH/Brake on a different gun, and go shoot. Bugging out for a hurricane and want to take my PDW? Great, unscrew from SBR, screw on to PDW, put in bag, chamber round (sorry! :P ) and move on.

I realize I'm not going to get "ideal" in any application by doing this. But ok across all of the applications is my version of "ideal" in this case. I'd want to be able to have it attached via a brake mount to the HD 5.56 AR, have compatible FH mounts on all other 5.56 ARs and the AK, a .30 brake mount on the PDW in 300 blk, and a .30 cal FH mount on the .308 "practical rifle", and maybe the SR25 I'm going to buy when I win the lotto

So basically I want/need .30 cal brake and FH in a variety of threads, 5.56 brakes and FH in just one thread, and a can that (spitballing here) doesn't add more than 4-5" past the end of the muzzle device (4-6" OAL?) and weighs in under 10 oz (under 8 would be better, i think, based on no idea if that's even a thing). Durability is less of an issue because it's going to get used rarely at most. Which again is why I want one so-so can rather than 6 ideal cans.
    I think what you've outline is spot on and practical enough that one can could do it. I don't care about getting all the decibel reduction in the world any more just a decent amount but with mounting simplicity. It sounds like we're heading in the same direction. I'm sick of multiple silencers and FH/Breaks changing end caps and crap like that. I want 1-2 cans max that do everything I need without having to change a bunch of crap around all the time. The thing that appeals to me about the Omega 36M is Cherry bomb breaks for everything, PPC 9mm, 300 B.O. (if I end up with another upper in this caliber), 5.56 and .308 for Bolt gun or SR25, (I too love the newer ones). Plus the 36M can go on pistol if really desired. All this with just two attachments. Weight is not exactly where you or I would want and while I agree that the 8oz would really be ideal the 36M isn't that far off. Only real downside for me is I hate breaks unless it's on a bolt gun, sadly I would really want a FH and I don't think Q makes one. As of right now though I think this is something I am willing to live with though because I own nothing less than 14.5" in 5.56 anymore so it would probably be alright. If for some reason I went shorter than that it'd likely by 300 B.O. so no biggie. If you find something better than the 36M please let me know because I think we are essentially looking for the same thing.

I'd just buy the VOX K if I didn't need 9mm capability.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-16-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    that one is on the top of my list currently. I'm not a super-big fan of the YHM mounting system (I have one of their 9mm rifle cans) but I thin I'd be willing to deal with it.

My 9" 300BLK AR + 9.25" Ti Suppressor + Subs is too loud for me to shoot without earpro. The port pop is loud. Not ears ringing loud but loud enough that I have only shot it 2 rounds without ears and said thats enough.

Stand a few feet away? Especially behind the shooter, it sounds like a nail gun. Its damn quiet!

From the shooters perspective, a suppressed MP5 is quieter. All ARs suffer from port pop. Doesn't matter if the muzzle is 120db, the port pop is going to be something higher.

Watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5swUPaY7fyQ
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 04-16-2020 at 01:49 PM.

With the Omega 9K it was unpleasant to my ear. With the much larger Hybrid it was tolerable.

Attached screen shots from the Capitol Armory video on the 9K.

Name:  A34483B7-9102-4723-806E-D0D5360C5997.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  38.8 KBName:  35293AFB-96F4-4A92-B6EF-055BE583036A.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  42.8 KBName:  158B6F6C-5B62-4399-B299-284D6564E696.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  45.8 KBName:  C08DBA59-4630-42BC-AD9B-2650115F9AB7.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  44.4 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Struggling to decide if that's the dumbest or the coolest gun ever... Perchance it is both?
    The rifle version seems to be a really good California option.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    Not trying to take the PDW thread in a different direction, but simply as a point of comparison, a Model S&W500 with an 8.38" barrel has a 15" overall length and weighs 69.1 ounces.
    Attachment 52050
    All it needs is a brace.

That is a smile-y, but I was not completely joking. Once upon a time, I saw a photo of a stocked version of an S&W revolver, made for the UK market. The stock made it UK-legal, in its time, though it has, I think, passed into being illegal in the UK, with subsequent legal changes, and would be an NFA item in the USA.

Edited to add: The Daniel Defense DDM4V7P, an AR pistol, which I bought, largely, to be truck/RV-legal while driving in jurisdictions that frown upon loaded long guns inside vehicles, has yet to usurp that role from my non-stocked, non-braced 4” to 6” .357 Ruger revolvers.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-16-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

that one is on the top of my list currently. I'm not a super-big fan of the YHM mounting system (I have one of their 9mm rifle cans) but I thin I'd be willing to deal with it.
    I don't know much about it first hand (month 9 waiting for my Turbo K to clear), but YHM's recently designed cans are supposed to be compatible with a wide variety of mounting systems, e.g. Griffin Plan A, Q Plan B, Dead Air KeyMo, Silencerco ASR, maybe others I'm not thinking of.
    Last edited by DiscipulusArmorum; 04-16-2020 at 03:32 PM.

User Tag List