Page 16 of 206 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    @LittleLebowski and @HeavyDuty have me looking at the Evo3 now...

I like that I could also get a matching rifle for the two grand I was I gonna drop on a B&T...
    LMK if you want to take mine for a drive.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    LMK if you want to take mine for a drive.
    I'll let you know, but I'm pretty much sold on it at this point.

Magpul mags working out for you guys?

Best 20-rounders are the CZs?

Now that CZ is offering a Magpul'ed up rifle version straight from the factory, I'll probably go with that SKU to get one matched closely to the pistola. I'm thinking Gearhead Works folding brace, Magpul grip and mag release, and a Primary Arms/Holosun ACSS on top for both of them. I've been running a PA red-dot on my AR9 for ~6-7 years now.

Aside from occasionally forgetting to change the battery every 3-months, it's worked just fine. Of course, I'm not out there running around bashing it on shit either, it sits in the corner or the safe, not exactly "high stress".

I'll let you know, but I'm pretty much sold on it at this point.

Magpul mags working out for you guys?

Best 20-rounders are the CZs?

Now that CZ is offering a Magpul'ed up rifle version straight from the factory, I'll probably go with that SKU to get one matched closely to the pistola. I'm thinking Gearhead Works folding brace, Magpul grip and mag release, and a Primary Arms/Holosun ACSS on top for both of them. I've been running a PA red-dot on my AR9 for ~6-7 years now.

Aside from occasionally forgetting to change the battery every 3-months, it's worked just fine. Of course, I'm not out there running around bashing it on shit either, it sits in the corner or the safe, not exactly "high stress".
    You’re thinking two EVOs?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You’re thinking two EVOs?
    Yea I think so -

An EVO 3 S1 pistol with GHW Tailhook: https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpi...3-s1-pistol-2/

And the EVO 3 S1 Magpul carbine: https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpi...agpul-edition/

This way, I can shoot the carbine in PCC matches without any "brace issues". I might go HBI K-conversion, but undecided at this point. By my measuring tape the S1 (non-K) should fit fine in my current backpack.

A 14yr old girl was shooting an SBRed Evo pistol at a recent USPSA match. She did well with it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    OK.

Just trying to throw some info on 300 blk out there. If you want to stick with that 556 that’s totally fine. It makes sense from a logistical standpoint, but I don’t think it’s better ballistically from a short barrel at all.

A super short barrel turns a 5.56 into basically a 5.7x28 and some experts around here have equated that to less effective than 9mm in unarmored targets. It will still poke holes in things, but it may not be the best choice. Still better than a sharp stick though.

Yea I think so -

An EVO 3 S1 pistol with GHW Tailhook: https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpi...3-s1-pistol-2/

And the EVO 3 S1 Magpul carbine: https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpi...agpul-edition/

This way, I can shoot the carbine in PCC matches without any "brace issues". I might go HBI K-conversion, but undecided at this point. By my measuring tape the S1 (non-K) should fit fine in my current backpack.
    I use the tail hook on the factory CZ “stock”, the kit from gear head. It works great, much better than the rubber braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    A super short barrel turns a 5.56 into basically a 5.7x28
    Do you have reference material for this claim?

I've cited at least three rounds that will still expand from a 7.5" AR15.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    A 14yr old girl was shooting an SBRed Evo pistol at a recent USPSA match. She did well with it.
    So there's hope for you yet @RevolverRob

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Just trying to throw some info on 300 blk out there. If you want to stick with that 556 that’s totally fine. It makes sense from a logistical standpoint, but I don’t think it’s better ballistically from a short barrel at all.

A super short barrel turns a 5.56 into basically a 5.7x28 and some experts around here have equated that to less effective than 9mm in unarmored targets. It will still poke holes in things, but it may not be the best choice. Still better than a sharp stick though.
    My PDW is a .300 Blackout.

If you've had bad performance from a 5.56 in a 7.5" barrel, that's fine.

If you think 5.56 loads can't perform at 1500fps, that's fine too.

User Tag List